Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

So, Hebden Bridge. Coolest place to live in Britain

I live a few hills away, and am there quite often.

If it wasn't so prone to flooding i'd live there.

Actually I am very happy in Stockport

Britain's happiest places to live

1. Harrogate
2. Stockport
3. Ipswich
4. Exeter
5. St Albans
6. Kingston upon Thames
7. Bath
8. Worcester
9. Bromley
10. Truro
Britain's unhappiest places to live

1. East London
2. Croydon
3. East central London
4. Ilford
5. South-east London
6. Enfield
7. North-west London
8. West London
9. Dudley
10. North London

Because it's full of rich idiots who've moved up from London driving up house prices, none of us from nearby want to or can afford to move there.

I remember seeing a documentary about how hebden bridge as rife with drug and alcohol addiction and had had a high number of drug related deaths amongst younger people. You tend to see a lot of people drinking in the park as well, and not just kids.

Isn't Hebden bridge supposed to be the Lesbian capital of the U.K.? I should point out I'm not trying to offend anyone my entire knowledge of Hebden Bridge comes from the BBC.

Huddersfield, you?

The canal walk is doable with a pushchair, as long as it's dry.

Sowerby Bridge.

I like Huddersfield! Don't go there much and not really sure why tbh because it's great!

Nice one - we'd only go if it's dry anyway. We went to Hollingworth Lake a couple of weeks ago and it was lovely!

Hebden-Bridge-sign.jpg

Sowerby Bridge.

I like Huddersfield! Don't go there much and not really sure why tbh because it's great!

Nice one - we'd only go if it's dry anyway. We went to Hollingworth Lake a couple of weeks ago and it was lovely!
:cool:

The walk along the canal from Sowerby to Elland is quite nice too.

I grew up in Greetland, so pretty familiar with the calder valley.

Isn't Hebden bridge supposed to be the Lesbian capital of the U.K.? I should point out I'm not trying to offend anyone my entire knowledge of Hebden Bridge comes from the BBC.
One of the rumours that Hebden got a lot of press coverage in the floods (more than other places esp oop north) is because a shed load of BBCers have moved there since they relocated to Manchester.
It's about the most middle class place I can think of.

Britain's happiest places to live

1. Harrogate
2. Stockport
3. Ipswich
4. Exeter
5. St Albans
6. Kingston upon Thames
7. Bath
8. Worcester
9. Bromley
10. Truro
Britain's unhappiest places to live

1. East London
2. Croydon
3. East central London
4. Ilford
5. South-east London
6. Enfield
7. North-west London
8. West London
9. Dudley
10. North London

So that's all of London that is shit?

No South West London (inner) seems to have escaped the list (Brixton :thumbs ).

My kids have just spent a week in Hebden Bridge at the grandparents. It's going to take me at least that long to knock that silly way of talking out of them again let alone get the tie dye out of their clothes:rolleyes:

I love the names around Calderdale. Mankin Holes and Lumbutts being two favs.

My kids have just spent a week in Hebden Bridge at the grandparents. It's going to take me at least that long to knock that silly way of talking out of them again let alone get the tie dye out of their clothes:rolleyes:

I love the names around Calderdale. Mankin Holes and Lumbutts being two favs.
Triangle and Friendly :cool:

Back
Top Bottom