Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

This week I find myself in Liverpool

Have faith. Society creeps forward in even the most unlikely back alleyways

If he’s an insufferable cunt I’ll call it out and wrestle the bouncers
A few years ago, a friend got free tickets to see Jackie Mason. His jokes hadn't moved on (he was literally making jokes about the Six-Day War) and neither had his attitudes (lots of sexist/homophobic/anti-Palestinian jokes). We walked but he was really going down a storm with the audience. :rolleyes:

I thought we were all avoiding the B-word, but on looking closer I see izz has already broken the Omerta.
:hmm:
:D

Impossible to avoid I'm afraid, and let's face it, Bella's been there long enough to have had heard a goodly percentage of the catalogue, whether willingly or otherwise :D

Back ala accom no danger engaged

No scouse music will be celebrated this week

Onwards and upwards tuesday awaits

Reactions: izz
Wood street is pretty cool. Real ale pub called The Swan is on it (if you like real ale/rock music jukebox). Also FACT (cinema/art gallery) is on it and when you’ve had enough of ale and culture and fancy some scran Chinatown is at the top of it. One other suggestion. The Egg vegetarian cafe for great food and occasional candle lit poetry nights.

One other suggestion. News From Nowhere On Bold Street. Workers coop bookstore. Was my go to place growing up for radical political reading. Been going since 1974.
Blimey I'm surprised that's still going 😊 pleased though 😊

One other suggestion. News From Nowhere On Bold Street. Workers coop bookstore. Was my go to place growing up for radical political reading. Been going since 1974.
Café Tabac is also on Bold St. Lovely little place for a beer. They do food though I never did try it. Maray is great for food, Med stuff, and threads one on Bold St and another on the Albert Dock. The pub next to the Albert Dock one is nice. We go to Liverpool once a year to see cousins and a friend. Love the city.

And where did today take you bellaozzydog ? Or did you have a quiet night in ?
I had a quiet one, decided to nip out for a curry which cost me 48 quid with two pints of king fisher and sundries. Outrageous

Been thrown in the Mersey multiple times this morning and currently gargling on rum and coke auto-prescribed as a gastric antiseptic

I’m mulling over the Stan boardman thing, even scouse taxi drivers have been sucking their teeth when I mention it

Back
Top Bottom