Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Snacks from your youth that the PC Health and Safety Clean Eating Brigade now stamp down on

I used to love mithai when I was little esp coconut barfi, which i learned to make at school. I also loved jalebi. Jalebi - Wikipedia There's no way I couldn't eat a whole jalebi these days. I had some last week and it was so sweet!
i used to eat those loads as we had punjabi neighbours and their son, jaspal, was my brother's best mate. Like you, I find them far too sweet now. We also ate a lot of laddus

I have a weird feeling that pink panther wafers are seen as a clean treat by erm... one of the clean eating factions.

Vegan?! Gluten free?! Can't remember. (Must google.)

Edit: vegan. And the company that made them has just gone into administration!

Ohhh. Can we still call the non-panther ones pink panthers anyway :(

Apart from on page 2, you mean?

Nobody has mentioned the "chocolate smoker's kit" that I remember from childhood.

A variant of the selection box - I only ever remember getting them around christmas anyway - Used to have a chocolate pipe and several chocolate cigars, brown shredded sweet coconut "tobacco" plus liquorice and fags. A load of novelty compared to candy fags and sweet tobacco!

Nobody has mentioned the "chocolate smoker's kit" that I remember from childhood.

A variant of the selection box - I only ever remember getting them around christmas anyway - Used to have a chocolate pipe and several chocolate cigars, brown shredded sweet coconut "tobacco" plus liquorice and fags. A load of novelty compared to candy fags and sweet tobacco!

We also got the chocolate tools (in the saws and hammers sense, not the fnaar fnaar sense!)

Lot of chocolate bars, rich tea biscuits and gingernuts were our main snacks between meals.

I dunno, would bread and butter sandwhiches count? We weren't rich enough to have much else too often.

Sweets were rationed during the War but Mum always gave my sister and me a piece of barley sugar to suck to help us to get to sleep before the sirens went. Neither of us have many teeth left.

When my mum and dad got back from the pub they would have deep fried battered potato slices. I used to stay up late so that I could have some too.

Jelly made with whisked evaporated milk instead of half the water.

Irn Bru and ice cream during the summer while visiting Scotland during the school holidays.

Oxo cubes, chewed on slowly.

Wall's Vienetta with evaporated milk.

My type two is coming on nicely thanks for asking.

(BTW in China they sell individual Vienettas along with the ice Lollys. Worth getting invaded for.)

Back
Top Bottom