Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

sleeper megabus

Check
This
Shit
Out

:D

2013-oscar-nominees.jpg

Why is the music so fucking bittersweet and melancholy?? It sounds like something you'd hear over the opening credits of a TV movie.

So ...I missed my train today to Glasgow by about 30 seconds many( face palm as it was a really cheap advance ticket that can't transfer) not wanting to pay mega £££££ for a walk on fare, so opting for megabus sleeper again
Do they still do the cheap advance tickets on the Caledonian sleeper? I had a pair of £19 tickets once years ago but ended up having a huge argument with my then-girlfriend a day or two before we were due to go and a sleeper cabin wasn't going to happen.

The new site just seems to have a fixed £70 each way no matter where I look.

Do they still do the cheap advance tickets on the Caledonian sleeper? I had a pair of £19 tickets once years ago but ended up having a huge argument with my then-girlfriend a day or two before we were due to go and a sleeper cabin wasn't going to happen.

The new site just seems to have a fixed £70 each way no matter where I look.
I haven't looked for a while to be honest. The sleeper train was booked out today even in the seat section

I read something a few years ago -about the bargain berths being either discontinued or being obscured how to book them

How long does it take to get from Glasgow to London? I think it's around 4.5 hours on the train via the West Coast Mainline, so maybe a week by bus? :confused:

Megabus Gold is great but i've never ever seen a female hostess on one. The bus drivers alternate the hostess role depending on who can driver as they aren't over their hours and who can't.

Its a real bummer that they canceled the London, Cardiff, Glasgow route. :(

Oh and the pastries they serve. Half that fucking size. Look at the size of that massive Pain au chocolat!!! Nope. You don't get that!
If they aint driving they shouldn't be doing anything else, they must be resting!

That's quite surprising given the train isn't that much quicker. Presumably the road route might be shorter than the route taken by the train. Hope you have a comfortable night and no fellow annoying passengers. :)
WCML follows *very* roughly the same route as the M1 and M6. Indeed the railroute is seven miles shorter. 399 Vs 406.

The train tops out at 125 mph whilst at night you could probably drive at a steady 70 all the way.

So the train is significantly faster but not out of the ball park compared with a clear motorway.

Just looking further into this it seems National Express do a couple of overnight coaches on this route but I'm assuming it's a case of kipping as best you can in a regular seat?

Just looking further into this it seems National Express do a couple of overnight coaches on this route but I'm assuming it's a case of kipping as best you can in a regular seat?

I once did the overnight NE from Bristol to Glasgow. It appeared that every other seat was occupied by someone who had brought a 2yo with them, and who thought the best way to occupy said 2yo for a 10 overnight coach journey was to give them a bottle of sugar and e-numbers.

It was utterly awful - though the overnight from Glasgow to London was worse as my seat was broken.

25 years later i can pretend to laugh about these experiences, but i do develop an alarming facial tick while doing so...

I once did the overnight NE from Bristol to Glasgow. It appeared that every other seat was occupied by someone who had brought a 2yo with them, and who thought the best way to occupy said 2yo for a 10 overnight coach journey was to give them a bottle of sugar and e-numbers.

It was utterly awful - though the overnight from Glasgow to London was worse as my seat was broken.

25 years later i can pretend to laugh about these experiences, but i do develop an alarming facial tick while doing so...

I took an overnight bus to Berlin when I was 17. And an overnight from Surat Thani to Bangkok which had 5 seats across for crying out loud! Never again, would rather hitchhike.

My eldest kid is off to Barcelona with her jazz-band next month, 30 odd hours on a coach, she's looking forward to it. Her last long journey was to Mumbai and back in BA's flat bed business class. She's in for a rude awakening.

If it's with all her mates from the band and there are adults to keep order it might be a bit of an adventure. And if she doesn't enjoy it then she'll appreciate the next business class flight all the more.

But I wouldnt do it on my own or in any situation other than a large group of friends sitting together.

Back
Top Bottom