Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

sleeper megabus

I'd love to do this...if they did missions to Europe etc.
The Germans naturally have this down to a fine art:
http://inhabitat.com/rotel-a-traveling-hotel-on-wheels/

The first time I saw one was in Iran ages ago (before the revolution).It was up on the Russian border on a road that was only passable by these big Mercedes Buses,trucks and motorcycles.I came around corner on bike to be presented with dozens of German Tourists going about their ablutions and eating breakfast surrounding the bus.In the middle of nowhere I mean probably a hundred miles from any village.

The Germans naturally have this down to a fine art:
http://inhabitat.com/rotel-a-traveling-hotel-on-wheels/

The first time I saw one was in Iran ages ago (before the revolution).It was up on the Russian border on a road that was only passable by these big Mercedes Buses,trucks and motorcycles.I came around corner on bike to be presented with dozens of German Tourists going about their ablutions and eating breakfast surrounding the bus.In the middle of nowhere I mean probably a hundred miles from any village.

that is ace - want one:cool:

Check
This
Shit
Out

:D

2013-oscar-nominees.jpg

Check
This
Shit
Out

:D

2013-oscar-nominees.jpg

Megabus Gold is great but i've never ever seen a female hostess on one. The bus drivers alternate the hostess role depending on who can driver as they aren't over their hours and who can't.

Its a real bummer that they canceled the London, Cardiff, Glasgow route. :(

Oh and the pastries they serve. Half that fucking size. Look at the size of that massive Pain au chocolat!!! Nope. You don't get that!

The ones acting important middle age white business executives discussing sales strategy on a megabus. They win.

''All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.''

Last edited:
I did a bus from goa to hampi many years that was very basic, but had bunks and people were openly smoking hash. :)
It wasn't like that on my megabucks sleeper
Even the people who got on with their tins expecting a midnight party got their heads down and off to the land of nod soon after we passed Swiss Cottage

Did a coast to coast trip across the states in 1992 with these people, it was great.

guonSide.jpg

getimage.php

I did a bus from goa to hampi many years that was very basic, but had bunks and people were openly smoking hash. :)
I've done that bus trip - via Hospet iirc

I remember getting a sleeper bus from Manali to Delhi, I had a bunk up at the back and was not-so-subtly smoking heroin :oops: Had a couple of chillums with a sadhu on the bus then slept well for 12hrs and woke up in Delhi :cool:

Try that on National Express :D

So ...I missed my train today to Glasgow by about 30 seconds many( face palm as it was a really cheap advance ticket that can't transfer) not wanting to pay mega £££££ for a walk on fare, so opting for megabus sleeper again

Back
Top Bottom