Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Should Wiggins be stripped of his knighthood?

To recap: Major Wiggins, 34, faces claims that he had sex with two women – guests of a fellow, junior, officer – at the ball in Robertson Barracks after his wife and the mother of his two small children had left the revels and gone to bed. In true classy military fashion, one of the liaisons is alleged to have happened in the TV room (pretty disgusting – communal military sofas are no beds of bliss), and the other in a mess bedroom (pity the poor officer whose bedroom it was). Major Wiggins has now been suspended pending disciplinary action.
If he did all that while cycling he deserves some form of recognition

Back to the cyclist. He's visiting my city on his talking tour and I was pretty keen to go, but it's like £36 or something. No stage show, orchestra or dancers or roadies to pay, just him and a mic. I know he was declared bankrupt and everything, but that's just taking the piss.

Back to the cyclist. He's visiting my city on his talking tour and I was pretty keen to go, but it's like £36 or something. No stage show, orchestra or dancers or roadies to pay, just him and a mic. I know he was declared bankrupt and everything, but that's just taking the piss.
I thought it was his companies that went bankrupt as opposed to him personally?
It has been quite a thing for many years for people of note to give talks; I remember paying to see a certain Tony Benn many years ago.

It has been quite a thing for many years for people of note to give talks; I remember paying to see a certain Tony Benn many years ago.

He was on free in Trafalgar Square every few weeks back then?

Double-checked: it's £31. Still a lot of money just to hear someone talk, I reckon.

Am I the only person who can't help hearing the thread title to the tune of 'She's More To Be Pitied Than Censured'?

Probably.

But maybe not any more.

Is there a Q&A? If so, ask him how you can get asthma in your legs.

Double-checked: it's £31. Still a lot of money just to hear someone talk, I reckon.
A man needs to earn a living, an honest one at that. I could not be bothered though I would pay and have done so, to see interesting people talk.

Back
Top Bottom