Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Should I bother with this?

The council could argue the burst pipe leaking water was the cause of the subsidence and/or caused the tree roots to grow more in that direction than they could have expected, so therefore they are not liable.

As I said before, all sounds very messy.

I would be inclined to speak to the insurance company and basically ask them to put in writing that you will not have to pay a single penny if they go ahead and lose, because it could be some free money, otherwise walk away.
But they've already said in the letter that kalidarkonecould be on the hook for disbursements such as search fees, court fees and experts fees as the claim progresses.

To me, this sounds like a lot of risk for a low chance of any reward, and if costs are due prior to any settlement then the settlement would have to be significant in order to avoid being in the red.

Surely they'd have a better chance of going after the waterco.pany for not repairing the broken water pipe?

But they've already said in the letter that kalidarkonecould be on the hook for disbursements such as search fees, court fees and experts fees as the claim progresses.

To me, this sounds like a lot of risk for a low chance of any reward, and if costs are due prior to any settlement then the settlement would have to be significant in order to avoid being in the red.

I knew what the insurance company had said, that's why I suggested only getting involved if they changed their position.

Surely they'd have a better chance of going after the waterco.pany for not repairing the broken water pipe?

IIRC, the broken pipe was on private property, so nothing to do with the water company.

Back
Top Bottom