Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Shapeless drapey linen for short women

Saunders

Help!! Can anyone recommend a place that sells slightly posh drapey shapeless clothes for women?
It’s my daughters wedding in a few weeks and I realise I really can’t wear ‘dads old blue work trousers and my white top’ which are my favourite dressy uppy clothes and what I’d planned on wearing. I’m short, guinea-pig shaped, and have glitter and some butterfly hair clips.
Budget up to £500 absolute max, if it’s something I’d wear again. Ideally around £200.

I do also have some shirt-weight liberty corduroy that might just make up a pair of trousers if I could find someone to copy ‘dads old blue workwear trousers’ without having to take them apart.

Both of these have lovely less fitted, reasonably priced dresses although not much linen.

I do also have some shirt-weight liberty corduroy that might just make up a pair of trousers if I could find someone to copy ‘dads old blue workwear trousers’ without having to take them apart.
who made dad's old workwear trousers, or is that lost in the mists of time?

TK Maxx sells a lot of Italian made shapeless wafty linen this time of year. Or find an open market in a posh market town, there’s bound to be one stall selling it.

TK Maxx sells a lot of Italian made shapeless wafty linen this time of year. Or find an open market in a posh market town, there’s bound to be one stall selling it.
Yeah I live near lands end and have ridiculous driving anxiety so can’t get to any big town without a bit of inconvenience, but I’ll be near a tkmaxx in the next couple of weeks and shall certainly have a look around.

Yeah I live near lands end and have ridiculous driving anxiety so can’t get to any big town without a bit of inconvenience, but I’ll be near a tkmaxx in the next couple of weeks and shall certainly have a look around.
And look on Vinted, mostly second hand but some new stuff, I love Vinted

Cos? Arket?

There's a little shop in Barmouth which does that sort of thing - Rew. You have to be a bit fastest finger first though as they don't restock, just make small runs of things.
Thanks for reminding me about Arket. I had a tab open for ages with a lovely dress from there but was too skint. And then of course when I got a job and got paid it was out of stock!

I was just trying to think of it then, all I could remember was that it began with A. Cheers. That would've been bugging me all night.

who made dad's old workwear trousers, or is that lost in the mists of
who made dad's old workwear trousers, or is that lost in the mists of time?
Not lost in the mists of time but from what I’ve been able to find not made in cotton any more. They were something my husb wore on a job in Sweden some years ago.

Attachments

• 5B1D3AD9-7262-4CAA-8B95-B8E6AAF046DA.jpeg
    5B1D3AD9-7262-4CAA-8B95-B8E6AAF046DA.jpeg
    146.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 80A68215-F3F1-4BE2-8D2B-67ACF58FB60D.jpeg
    80A68215-F3F1-4BE2-8D2B-67ACF58FB60D.jpeg
    282.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 4BD0B816-770A-4813-AFFB-7CFEB1BDBAE0.jpeg
    4BD0B816-770A-4813-AFFB-7CFEB1BDBAE0.jpeg
    283.5 KB · Views: 35
Cos? Arket?
There's a little shop in Barmouth which does that sort of thing - Rew. You have to be a bit fastest finger first though as they don't restock, just make small runs of things.
cos a bit more tailored for than I prefer and more for the smaller busted I think. My daughter has sent me a few links from them along with issey miyake and Benetton, all lovely clothes but not flattering on my shape
Just now looking at Arket and Rew

Thanks everyone who’s sent suggestions, I’m so grateful. I don’t at all enjoy clothes shopping and only really like dressing up for fun. I’d forgotten about both Oska and Gudrun sjoden, and have seen a few things that I think I’ll feel like me in.
Cos? Arket?

just ordered some lovely trousers from Rew, hoping they’re not too long. Thanks for the tip

My short friend dresses really well, and likes this place.
If you go to the Geranium charity shop in Kensington High Street, opposite the Design Museum, you can often get stuff that they were unable to sell, or last season's stuff, at improved prices. She does. :)

I've just noticed that you live at Land's End, so a sprint the Geranium shop is probably out, sorry.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom