Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Self-indulgent pet thread

Not the Griffster! all it would take now would be Brexit and I can officially declare 2016 a Year of Disaster. Really sorry to hear about this CRI. You know I'm one for the predators not the prey, but this was a geep with a personality and he will be missed, on urban, as well as in his own real home.

Reactions: CRI
Millie, our monster hamster has been introduced to the exercise ball, as a change from the treadwheel in her tank.
Which is great, Ben thinks being bumped into is good fun and will push her around in return.

Just noted something - the nights her Millieness plays in the ball are the nights she doesn't use the treadwheel at stupid o'clock to bang against the tank ...

Last edited:
Aw, thanks for all the lovely comments. Missing him terribly. Duncan's bearing up well so far.

Being a proud, South Wales born rodent, I now wonder if he purposely checked out before the referendum. #TheWelshLetMyGuineaPigDown :(

Griff always makes me smile when I see his pictures, he brought lots of happiness to this world, I'm sorry to hear that he has passed away, CRI.

Well, having guinea pigs means a perpetual pet situation. I knew Duncan would be unhappy on his own for long. The rescue in Newcastle had 3 young boars that came from a similar situation as Malcom's - a hobby breeder who'd lost control, so surrendered several very young pigs with terrible skin conditions, now thankfully healed up.

Duncan chose bachelor number 2. I take great pleasure in introducing Edwin of Northumbria. More photos (of course!) to follow.
watermarked-Edwin 1, 27 Jun 16.jpg

He's not quite all white - has a speckly grey patch on his right hip and one black ear. He also has blue eyes - something I'd never seen before in a guinea pig. He's gawjus and Duncan already loves the bones of him.

This is what I see now when I come out of the bathroom in the mornings.

Chester in front, Lester behind....

IMG_7509.JPG

IMG_7511.JPG

IMG_7507.JPG

a towel with eyes ! EEEKKKK !!!

My first cat, Flora, was completely black. She was very good at hiding in and under things, as my ankles will testify.
Ben de-Dog is also almost completely black - sometimes you have to look twice to see if he's sleeping / breathing (unless he gives it away by snoring !)

Back
Top Bottom