Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Self-indulgent pet thread

We've added a silkie to our flock :)

67b4c4700f006e78148294a30bdc5d3b.jpg
d712e1e5712bd0955e937aa4dc186af5.jpg

6215743646a8a124c8c6611bb026bbb5.jpg

Forgot to say - its name's Spike [emoji41]

Last edited:
I just have to roll over in bed in the morning and I can her her slide off the sofa and come clattering to the bottom of the stairs and start whining.

Good job she's gorgeous.

Mine's fairly well trained when she wants to go out in the morning she goes and wakes the other occupant downstairs. :cool:

We're introducing the silkie to our flock gradually, which means she's living indoors except when we take her outside (which we do a lot). She's surprisingly easy to keep indoors - virtually no smell - but hates being left alone, so I've had to put the radio on for her. :D She also tried to get in the bath with me.

Last edited:
The water always seems to taste so much better anywhere but the cat's water bowl.

Don't get me on this - the lovely Jess, at our old house, had the choice of water (filtered, naturally) and cat milk - pretty much on demand - but would she drink it - would she fuck as like

Her tipple of choice was rain water that had collected ON THE TOP OF MY OIL DRAIN CAN - complete with rainbows - once I spotted what she was doing the drain can was put in a more appropriate place but . . . bloody cats - you can see why they're give 9 lives

Reactions: CRI
Don't get me on this - the lovely Jess, at our old house, had the choice of water (filtered, naturally) and cat milk - pretty much on demand - but would she drink it - would she fuck as like

Her tipple of choice was rain water that had collected ON THE TOP OF MY OIL DRAIN CAN - complete with rainbows - once I spotted what she was doing the drain can was put in a more appropriate place but . . . bloody cats - you can see why they're give 9 lives
I have to make sure there is no plant food or weed killer in the watering can, so I won't poison the cat.

DSC_0620~2.JPG

Our beautiful Mildred. She was diagnosed with lymphoma a couple of weeks ago and developed an infection last week. She's in the vets tonight on a drip but isn't improving. I think we may have to make the decision tomorrow if there's no improvement overnight.
I'm literally heart broken.

We haven't told many people and just needed to say this as my husband can't talk about the probable outcome yet. I know it will be the right decision but it fucking sucks.

(((pigs))) and (((((Mildred)))))

The most important thing is that, because of you, Mildred had a great life.

She will be waiting for you over the Rainbow Bridge.

There's no change but the vet want to keep her on an antibiotic drip for another 24 hrs and then reassess again. It's been such an up and down process, I'm exhausted and just worrying about whether we are putting her through too much but also don't want to give up too early! Jesus Christ it's hard.

Been there before. I know that agony too, Pigs. And no doubt I'll be there again.

It only hurts so bad because you love them so much.

Oh pigtails. Poor Mildred - and poor you. It's agonising when a cat's got longterm illness like this because you just don't have the option of saying "just tell me when it's all too much, cat" ... and they're so stoic, in general, it can be really hard to tell. No right answers really - just sympathy.

T
Oh pigtails. Poor Mildred - and poor you. It's agonising when a cat's got longterm illness like this because you just don't have the option of saying "just tell me when it's all too much, cat" ... and they're so stoic, in general, it can be really hard to tell. No right answers really - just sympathy.
That's exactly it I just want her to tell me whether to keep going or just to let her go. I've just taken her to Bristol to the hospital as they thought it was worth continuing as apparently she has responded well to the chemo so if she can get over the infection she may go into remission but they've just rung to say she's critical and may not make it through the night. So now I think I shouldn't have taken her as we are so far away now. Mr tails is beside himself and I'm numb. Part of me wants her to just slip away now as I can't put her through any more.

Back
Top Bottom