Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Self-indulgent pet thread

Woke up this morning, turned over and came nose to nose with the cat
c2663c317f43df30520827b004ccb2a8.jpg

He would also go to sleep spread across the top of my pillow so I ended up wearing a furry "hat"

Using heaps of newspaper for wee training, we have enlisted the neighbours, some of whom have distinctly dodgy reading habits...so for the past week, I have amused myself by placing pages from the Mail and Telegraph by the back door with images of hated people for the pup to pee on. So far, Katie Hopkins, Richard Littlejohn, Cameron and Clegg (twice) have been recipients of large puddles of puppy pee.

Using heaps of newspaper for wee training, we have enlisted the neighbours, some of whom have distinctly dodgy reading habits...so for the past week, I have amused myself by placing pages from the Mail and Telegraph by the back door with images of hated people for the pup to pee on. So far, Katie Hopkins, Richard Littlejohn, Cameron and Clegg (twice) have been recipients of large puddles of puppy pee.
No Osborne ? :mad:

eta ackshly, if it was me I'd be taking pictures of the 'modified' photos of slebs and politicians for pup's photo album. "And this is what he thought of David Cameron, a disgraced former prime minister, dismissed from office for incompetence"

This is my poor Fergus, he died over the weekend. We got him in February last year - his owner was moving out of her mother's house and couldn't keep her ferrets (Fergus, Baloo and Zach (all three are old, the latter two are 11 and 10 respectively and we suspect Fergus was about 7)). We were supposed to be looking after them on a temporary basis but it never works out that way. Fergus was a stray before his previous owner, picked up by the RSPCA.

A week ago the vet said he had a swollen liver and suspected cancer possibly lymphoma. He was off his food. I've spent the last week making sure he eats and gets his medicine. He rallied on Thursday and Friday and was pottering about, even climbing the stairs twice. I thought he was going to pull through. Saturday evening something seemed to break inside and he refused food and water. He died in his sleep later that night snuggled with Zach and Baloo. He was a lovely ferret, gentle as they come, loved his fish.

The photo was taken this summer professionally, the photographer has been ill and I've only just got the photos of all our (then) ferrets. I'll probably be returning later.

This is my poor Fergus, he died over the weekend. We got him in February last year - his owner was moving out of her mother's house and couldn't keep her ferrets (Fergus, Baloo and Zach (all three are old, the latter two are 11 and 10 respectively and we suspect Fergus was about 7)). We were supposed to be looking after them on a temporary basis but it never works out that way. Fergus was a stray before his previous owner, picked up by the RSPCA.

A week ago the vet said he had a swollen liver and suspected cancer possibly lymphoma. He was off his food. I've spent the last week making sure he eats and gets his medicine. He rallied on Thursday and Friday and was pottering about, even climbing the stairs twice. I thought he was going to pull through. Saturday evening something seemed to break inside and he refused food and water. He died in his sleep later that night snuggled with Zach and Baloo. He was a lovely ferret, gentle as they come, loved his fish.

The photo was taken this summer professionally, the photographer has been ill and I've only just got the photos of all our (then) ferrets. I'll probably be returning later.

I'm sorry for your loss. Sounds as though you looked after him really well in the time you have had him, and also caring for him very well in his last few days, so please try to take some consolation from that. xx

So sorry to learn about Fergus, but you did do the best by him. That's a good image, btw - hope it helps with good memories.
I know ferrets aren't everybodies cup of tea, so good on you.

Back
Top Bottom