Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Scumoween squat party, London

have you stopped willy waving yet? :)

big parties like this usually have a few different genres on different rigs so why the beef?

Cos of all the genres on display, Detroit and / or Berlin techno is at the cheezey nightclub down the road, not at the rave.

All the youtube videos on this page would make me run a fucking mile from the dancefloor

Not London tekno then is it? :D I have had such good times at raves there's usually something for everyone at multi-riggers if you're not hard enough for one room tekno parties. And if u don't like the music there is always a nice man who'll sell u something so it sounds better :cool:

Not enough cutting edge UK happy hardcore gets played as squatraves, and it's a damn shame. TBF, a lot of frenchcore is as cheesy, if not more so, but still.

Give me some dark jungle/drum n bass, and London Acid Techno over the garbage that's been posted in this thread so far. :cool:

Detroit techno and house - for people who can dance. Shitty squat music for people who can't.

Some folk get old before their time. Something to do with excessive masturbation. A fact that ties in nicely with Detroit House appreciation :p

Where as other folk refuse to grow old, and end up being the joke in the corner still spinning tunes to and keeping up with the fashions of people young enough to be their kids.

But as has been pointed out, I'm pretty much the average age for rig owners. As has always been the case even from the Biology/Sunrise/Spiral days there were people well in to their 40's with the rig.

And the organisor of perhaps the largest collection of multi-rigger outdoor raves over the years is well in to his 60's.

Just watched it - makes it sound like the powers that be are looking to ditch section 6. Apparently ruthless criminals abuse the law designed to let homeless people sleep in unused buildings without disruption to hold squat parties where they cause huge destruction to the venue/building which costs a bare minimum of £5K to evict said squatters (cos like they always live there after their parties) and more more more to clean up. Organisers of squat parties can earn about £60K per party.

Back
Top Bottom