Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Satan Bugs being developed by the US

Dr Jon

so many beers, too little time
Banned
Not sure what to think of this one; lots of people thinking it's a crazy thing to do. I gather from the title, quotes and link you used that you are one of them. However, they do seem to have identified that some of the current bird-flu strains are a few mutations away from highly virulent, airborne, species-crossing flus such as they made, and also what is effective in treating it. The paper is just published, which probably means they have been working on it for at least 2/3 years, without an incident.

The Stand, though.

Nasty pandemics are the one doomsday fear I allow myself to freak out about. This story unsettles me.

If you make a crazy Satan bug, how do you know if it works? How do you know it will be as infectious as you think?

Give a 13 year old boy a loaded gun and see how long it is before he just has to try it out on something....:(

Because that's the level of mentality involved if this is true.

If you make a crazy Satan bug, how do you know if it works? How do you know it will be as infectious as you think?

Give a 13 year old boy a loaded gun and see how long it is before he just has to try it out on something....:(

Because that's the level of mentality involved if this is true.

High-profile scientists involved in flu research are of the same mentality as a 13 year old boy with a loaded gun? Not sure where that's come from.

If you're talking about military etc, I would say this kind of research is terribly tame compared to what they do in secret and don't publish publicly available journal papers about.

High-profile scientists involved in flu research are of the same mentality as a 13 year old boy with a loaded gun? Not sure where that's come from.

If you're talking about military etc, I would say this kind of research is terribly tame compared to what they do in secret and don't publish publicly available journal papers about.
tsk tsk. I'm talking about militarists inventing weapons that can kill the world.....:) Any sane species would not have such people.

tsk tsk. I'm talking about militarists inventing weapons that can kill the world.....:) Any sane species would not have such people.
"Sane" species... Not sure such a thing exists as evolution implements the "win the fight at all costs" drive, and survival of the individual rather than the species.

i recon they've weaponised smallpox in their secret labs

That was done some time ago. The US, Britain, Japan, and Russia had all managed that by 1950. It briefly got away from the Russians in 1947.

During World War II, scientists from the United Kingdom, United States and Japan (Unit 731 of the imperial Japanese army) were involved in research into producing a biological weapon from smallpox.[97] Plans of large scale production were never carried through as they considered that the weapon would not be very effective due to the wide-scale availability of a vaccine.[98]

In 1947 the Soviet Union established a smallpox weapons factory in the city of Zagorsk, 75 km to the northeast of Moscow.[99] An outbreak of weaponized smallpox occurred during testing at a facility on an island in the Aral Sea in 1971. General Prof. Peter Burgasov, former Chief Sanitary Physician of the Soviet Army and a senior researcher within the Soviet program of biological weapons, described the incident:

On Vozrozhdeniya Island in the Aral Sea, the strongest recipes of smallpox were tested. Suddenly I was informed that there were mysterious cases of mortalities in Aralsk. A research ship of the Aral fleet came to within 15 km of the island (it was forbidden to come any closer than 40 km). The lab technician of this ship took samples of plankton twice a day from the top deck. The smallpox formulation—400 gr. of which was exploded on the island—"got her" and she became infected. After returning home to Aralsk, she infected several people including children. All of them died. I suspected the reason for this and called the Chief of General Staff of Ministry of Defense and requested to forbid the stop of the Alma-Ata—Moscow train in Aralsk. As a result, the epidemic around the country was prevented. I called Andropov, who at that time was Chief of KGB, and informed him of the exclusive recipe of smallpox obtained on Vozrazhdenie Island.[100][101]

Others contend that the first patient may have contracted the disease while visiting Uyaly or Komsomolsk-on-Ustyurt, two cities where the boat docked.[102][103]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smallpox

Last person to die from Smallpox:

Janet Parker (March 1938[1] – 11 September 1978) was a British medical photographer who became the last person to die from smallpox. She was exposed to the virus as a result of a laboratory accident at the University of Birmingham Medical School.[2][3] Parker was born in Birmingham, UK,[1] and worked as a medical photographer in the Anatomy Department of the University of Birmingham Medical School, where she was accidentally exposed to a strain of smallpox virus that was grown in a research laboratory on the floor below the Anatomy Department. Her death led to the suicide of the then Head of the Microbiology Department.

An official government inquiry into Parker's death was led by R.A. Shooter,[4] whose report was debated in the British Parliament.[5] The conclusion that the virus was most likely spread from the smallpox laboratory through ducting was challenged in court when the University was prosecuted by the Health and Safety Executive for breach of Health and Safety legislation. . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janet_Parker

Back
Top Bottom