Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Sandals...the search is on..plus...TEVA sizing online hilarious fiasco

Aladdin

So I need, yes I really do, need comfortable new sandals.
I cannot wear wedges.
Or anything without adjustable bits.

I have a pair of Teva sandals that have literally been worn out. So I headed to the TEVA online shop.
I used to be between a size 4 and 5.

Anyhoo.
I'm looking through options,
Clicking the 10% off code and giving them my email address..

Then I spot their Online SIZING thing.
So I follow the instructions.

Get an A4 page.
Put it right against the wall.
Stand on it with heel touching wall.
All this is done while the phone is facing this A4 sheet and my foot on it.
So it says "line up foot inside this space".

Now ... here's the problem. I cannot bend forward enough to get past my boobs to see my foot let alone fucking take a photo of it stuck to a wall whilst trying NOT to move the A4 piece of paper away from said wall.

I tried 8 times.
Tucking my tummy in.
Holding my arm across my chest.
Then by some trick of nature, the green tick appeared and I had my foot in the proper space guidelines.
Clicked on the green tick to take the photo only to find my camera didnt have enough battery to take the bleedin photo!!!

Part 2.

So my question is this.....

Can anyone point me in the direction of extremely comfy fully adjustable non leather sandals that are flat and wide...and have enough sole to last me another 5 years..
Oh and washable.
Nothing with trucklike or tank treads..

What I would really like is an old fashioned pair of sandals. Like the ones we all had as kids.
A strap with a buckle across the toes.
An adjustable strap across the top of the foot that connects to a strap around the heel with another buckle. Not Birkenstocks. Done with them. They hurt my arches.
Wide fit.
Selling Online. European sites only...unless the UK site is paying taxes and duties.
Any help would be great.

Would these be any good? I searched vegan Jesus sandals
Edit Oh sorry The link didn’t work. I looked on Etsy and saw a few that look like what you describe.

I cannot wear wedges.

I have a pair of Teva sandals that have literally been worn out. So I headed to the TEVA online shop.

Anyhoo.

Get an A4 page.

Now ... here's the problem. I cannot bend forward enough to get past my boobs to see my foot let alone fucking take a photo of it stuck to a wall whilst trying NOT to move the A4 piece of paper away from said wall.

I tried 8 times.
Tucking my tummy in.
Then by some trick of nature, the green tick appeared and I had my foot in the proper space guidelines.
Clicked on the green tick to take the photo only to find my camera didnt have enough battery to take the bleedin photo!!!

Part 2.

Can anyone point me in the direction of extremely comfy fully adjustable non leather sandals that are flat and wide...and have enough sole to last me another 5 years..
Oh and washable.

What I would really like is an old fashioned pair of sandals. Like the ones we all had as kids.
An adjustable strap across the top of the foot that connects to a strap around the heel with another buckle. Not Birkenstocks. Done with them. They hurt my arches.
Wide fit.
Selling Online. European sites only...unless the UK site is paying taxes and duties.
Any help would be great.

I was about to suggest Birkenstocks, because after years of trying to find a pair of sandals which were comfortable and didn't fuck up my feet I finally found some.

Then I read the end of your post, so have nothing to suggest.

Good luck with your search.

I was about to suggest Birkenstocks, because after years of trying to find a pair of sandals which were comfortable and didn't fuck up my feet I finally found some.

I used to wear Birkenstocks. They were great. But over the past few months the pair I have have caused me pain in my heel and arches.
Thanks for the suggestion and wellwishes 🙂

Have you looked at Sketchers sandals? I bought a pair when I had plantar fascitis and they did me well. Got a bit stinky but I shoved them in the washing machine vand they were fine.

I think the sandalistas of Urban often recommend Merrell, unspeakably ugly, but apparently durable and comfortable.

Totally on a tangent. I've just bought a pair of Crocs for holiday. Light blue £16.00.

If I had chosen, from the same web page, the orange ones I really wanted, they would have cost £28.00.

Can anyone tell me why different colours are different prices?

Mrs Q is a major fan of Hotter to the point she has asked for as Xmas/Birthday presents

Can you not just buy some Tevas in whatever size you'd buy from another website?

Yes..but my feet have changed since I last bought tevas. Pre covid. I can't go out yet...to try anything on. And I cant go out to return stuff ny post. So I just am looking for advice from anyone who might have wide feet...plus bunions...plus wonky toes...about sandals.

I could get teva..online.

But the opportunity to share the sandal journey with urban including the rather amusing online fitting disaster came up.

😁

They should bring back Clark's Playdeck. I had a lovely purple pair that lasted years and were considered quite punky, in the same way as NHS glasses, in the early 80s.

I cannot wear wedges.

Anyhoo.

Get an A4 page.

I tried 8 times.
Tucking my tummy in.

Part 2.

Oh and washable.

Wide fit.
Any help would be great.
I bought these a year ago and they still look new. I don't think they're as hard wearing as proper walking sandals but they're extremely comfortable & adjustable

Next flatform sandals

nothing to suggest either, but Birkenstocks make my feet smell like no other shoes or sandals. Shame that, I like them, they just don't like me.

Totally on a tangent. I've just bought a pair of Crocs for holiday. Light blue £16.00.

If I had chosen, from the same web page, the orange ones I really wanted, they would have cost £28.00.

rule of thumb with Crocs: the more they make you look like a twat the more expensive.

If your Birkenstocks were the regular kind, they also make a type with a soft cushioned foot bed. I haven't tried them myself but I've heard some people who find the hard foot bed painful prefer the soft ones.
Also not something I've tried but this shop might have what you want (I think they're based in Europe). If you're looking something with more orthotic support, Vionic might be an option. I can't get any info from them re European deliveries but they claim their shoes are stocked around the world so might be worth dropping them a line.

They should bring back Clark's Playdeck. I had a lovely purple pair that lasted years and were considered quite punky, in the same way as NHS glasses, in the early 80s.
That's exactly what I would like.
Plain. Simple. And adjustable.

They had something similar called Kestral a while ago.

I'm having a look at Sketchers thanks to Saffy.

It's sad when an older person gives up on life....

they are the perfect camping boots, esp when hiking. Light to carry, keep your feet warm at night when nipping out the tent, don't get wet, etc.

I have wide feet too.
Try these:

Fitflops
Dr Martens sandals
Keen

Also, I worked out that it’s the length of the foot in cm which matters. If the size is given in Japanese as well as EU, US, UK it’s the JPN one which tells me whether they’ll fit.

I’ve got size 13 ultra wide hobbit feet and a nice dose of psoriatic arthritis and I bang around in crocs all the time

Bad style becomes ironic in the end, all the cool kid winners are in the wide fit crocs

The Yukons are particularly comfy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom