Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Salmond deid

Wouldn't surprise me if more accusations emerge after a, ahem, 'decent interval'. Either that or a newspaper editor feels freed up to publish something they've sat on.

What’s the going rate for ‘decent intervals’ these days?

Half a week?

I do say that you should care about him.
That does not mean that you should post material that would upset people who knew and loved him.
You wouldn't stand outside the funeral service waving a banner, would you?
What absolute tosh. Public figures, especially politicians, are fair game for humour, alive dead or somewhere in between.

I note that you posted on the thread to celebrate the anniversary of Thatcher's death and didn't then object and get upset for Carole and Mark.

I served him at the tills a couple of times at Scotmid (, just remembered they do funerals too)

Always seemed gubbed (exhausted, steess, morose)
He almost always bought one of the few items on sale that had a saltire on the packaging, which really gave me the impression that he was serious about it, man.

I think his sort of combative manner was good to build the movement, but someone less slimy/ shifty for the YES campaign would have added a few more points towards 50%.

Nº1 worry was financial for a a lot of undecideds, so the used-car salesman air was not reassuring.

I don't do condolences for anyone 3degrees+ removed, but yeh a suprise.

Well, he was raised in Australia and Durham, but he was certainly born and went to secondary school in Edinburgh.

But he’s perhaps a politician from Scotland rather than a Scottish politician.
Blair would never self identify as Scottish, which perhaps is what matters.

I guess that'll be Alba gone without ever having gained a single elected politician at any level.
won't be missed.

He dropped dead during lunch at some youth political conference in North Macedonia, apparently, not sure if this means he will go to Politician Valhalla

A cultural diplomacy conference.

Cultural diplomacy is a term of interest to people, very much including myself, who cant help but poke at things involving soft power and propaganda. The wikipedia entry about cultural diplomacy isnt too bad, it doesnt hide what it is in its fullest sense.

Well that’s the end of the ‘Alba Party’ then.

Salmond was an interesting politician in the 80s and 90s. Since then, not so much, and the revelations regarding his handsy entitlement & sexual incontinence really did tarnish the last decade of his existence in most people’s eyes.

Well that’s the end of the ‘Alba Party’ then.

Salmond was an interesting politician in the 80s and 90s. Since then, not so much, and the revelations regarding his handsy entitlement & sexual incontinence really did tarnish the last decade of his existence in most people’s eyes.

Reckon it’ll fold into the SNP or stagger on for a bit before quietly dissolving?

Isn't the Alba party basically just the SNP for transphobes? Maybe JK Rowling will take it on, seeing the seems to just be dedicating the rest of her life to this kind of crap now.

Back
Top Bottom