Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

RIP Dennis Waterman

aww remember him from the stuff my da used to watch as a kid
Rip Dennis

Didn't know you were a youngster, this marks you out as one. I am your dad by the way.

On Minder and The Sweeney he came across as one of us, he even looks a bit like my brother. Most other stuff on TV then just had posh people in. So yeah, icon of a sort for those of a certain age. Shame he hit his wife.

I was just doing some washing-up and Radio Caroline mentioned this and played 'I Could Be So Good For You' as a tribute, on finding it on youtube, I was shocked that it was released in 1979, the year I left school. :bigeyes:

RIP.

I loved it. I got to discover what glue sniffers were and then feared them.
We had a glue sniffers corner at secondary school so it didn't bother me. I didn't partake, and oddly the teachers seemed to turn a blind eye. The local chip wagon used to sell bags of glue to the pupils at dinnertime.

Chip wagon selling glue?

Albany rather than Blakeston?
Yeah, every dinnertime it parked about five minutes from the school and loads of us trooped over for a chip butty - some wrong 'uns asked to see the glue menu instead though. He was there for a long time until he suddenly disappeared - I suspect either the teachers or a parent in the estate found out and grassed him up. We were bereft of chips after that for the rest of our time in school. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom