Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Revamping horrible fitted cupboards

We're in a similar situation. No decorating has been done in the house for decades. One room has been unused for about 45 years, and was last decorated pre WW2.

We're currently experimenting with colour in the large bathroom. This is where we're at just now.

View attachment 332366
The green doors will be painted the dark blue, the pale green wall light blue, the wood surround in high gloss brilliant white. It's only till the whole bathroom get renovated.

I'll follow this thread for ideas. We've another nine rooms after this.
I like the blue colour on the doors, reminds me of Greek shutters. It matches the floor tiles too.
I would swerve pale blue completely. It could be like walking into a fridge. I'd probably have white walls if you're keeping the floor tiles and blue doors.
White can look warmer than pale blue.

Indeed, what is proposed seems to be a classic Mediterranean holiday house colour scheme.

I was thinking the bright blue and white immediately put me in mind of a Greek village... lovely in the sunshine, maybe not so much at 4pm on a freezing and drizzly February afternoon.

You can't get tartan paint. :(

That blue is a rich colour so I don't think it will look cold anywhere. Would need to be careful with pale blues though.
Did a wall in the light blue and decided it didn’t work. We’re going to keep the deep blue, walls in silk brilliant white and the other white in a high gloss brilliant white. The wall behind the washbasin will be all white tiles when the bathroom is remodelled

dessiato I bought these on Ebay, still have them as the screw bits were too long and they refunded me the money. Would Mrs D like them? (The screw bits are still too long though, so you need to be able to cut them down.) There are 6.
1658166434089.png

Did a wall in the light blue and decided it didn’t work. We’re going to keep the deep blue, walls in silk brilliant white and the other white in a high gloss brilliant white. The wall behind the washbasin will be all white tiles when the bathroom is remodelled
White can be cold as well. A pale yellow or cream would go well with the blue and will be warmer.

You can't get tartan paint. :(

That blue is a rich colour so I don't think it will look cold anywhere. Would need to be careful with pale blues though.

I'd say its bold rather than rich.

I'd go for something a bit more toned down, and use less contrast.

White can be cold as well. A pale yellow or cream would go well with the blue and will be warmer.

I'd say its bold rather than rich.

I'd go for something a bit more toned down, and use less contrast.

The blue is definitely happening. That's an absolute. The next question is the blind we've already bought. Do we continue with it or change it? It has both the dark blue we're keeping, the light blue we aren't, and a bright white background.

The blue is definitely happening. That's an absolute. The next question is the blind we've already bought. Do we continue with it or change it? It has both the dark blue we're keeping, the light blue we aren't, and a bright white background.
The blind sounds ideal.

Back
Top Bottom