Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Remembering Cardiff's old clubs: Montys, Smileys, Moon, Revolution, Top Rank...

Now i'm scratching me bonce.
y'see, I worked for a firm that designed nightclubs, and I'm sure we (re)did some in Cardiff in the early 2000s.
But I'm failing to remember the names of the clubs.
The designers went bust in 2008.
The names that seem most familiar are Studio, Revolution and something Joe's ...
Does that match up ?

Now i'm scratching me bonce.
y'see, I worked for a firm that designed nightclubs, and I'm sure we (re)did some in Cardiff in the early 2000s.
But I'm failing to remember the names of the clubs.
The designers went bust in 2008.
The names that seem most familiar are Studio, Revolution and something Joe's ...
Does that match up ?
Revolution is still going, It's a sort of vodka bar that plays pop/charty sort of stuff and the students like it (well not quite now). I think Panama Joe's is now a Primark, but went to a few things there. Is was one of the few places open after 4am that you could still dance in, but it was mostly hardhouse, so it really was a last resort if we couldn't find somewhere else to tap our toes. Not sure about Studio

What would they/you do differently?
Actually basing the restrictions of science based facts would be a start. To arbitrarily close all pubs when infections in pubs are very low is a gutless decision.

Actually basing the restrictions of science based facts would be a start. To arbitrarily close all pubs when infections in pubs are very low is a gutless decision.
When really they should be closing the schools and the pubs

When really they should be closing the schools and the pubs
Well schools certainly And evidently we've got a very clever version of the virus in Wales, it can actually tell if you're drinking a coke or a cider with your meal.

Well schools certainly And evidently we've got a very clever version of the virus in Wales, it can actually tell if you're drinking a coke or a cider with your meal.
I get their reasoning. Pissed people shout and slobber all over the place.

Covid exposure, common locations visited reported by PHE.
Supermarket - 18.3%
Secondary school - 12.7%
Primary school - 10.1%
Hospital - 3.6%
Care home - 2.8%
College - 2.4%
Warehouse - 2.2%
Nursery preschool - 1.8%
Pub or bar - 1.6%
Hospitality - 1.5%
University - 1.4%
General practice - 1.1%
Gym - 1.1%
Restaurant or cafe - 1.0%

even in a well controlled restaurant environment with screening etc and a maximum table time of an hour and a half?
They shouldn't be open full stop and the UK and Welsh gvt should be aiming for a zero covid policy. But they ain't 'cos they're both a shower of useless cunts

This came up on FB:

1657711062586.png

From the comments:

Was it the time when Kevin Roland started saying cardiff city was shit and we all threw our beer glasses at him

Yep they had to go off stage for a while, caused a mini riot

Yes I remember it happened about 3 times and he said if we don't stop they won't play 🤣😂

319361454_481991524064632_7886248451409326333_n.jpg

Anyone ever visit the Casa?

Anyone remember TomToms on Hight Street? editor Your photos of the Wenallt jogged my memory - we put on a rave there in 1991 and the TomToms crowd all turned up after it shut.
I can't remember well enough the dates but I was at a Rave in the woods up the wenalt at some point ...Marquee/tent actually in the woods...that one?

Back
Top Bottom