Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

record store day 2011

killer b

That vase.
the one day of the year when your local emporium looks like this at 9 in the morning...

utf-8BSU1HMDAzODgtMjAxMTA0MTYtMDk1NC5qcGc.jpg

cba queueing so i popped in on my way home to survey the dregs. i got a toots & the maytals 7". :cool:

anyone else got owt good?

We went to the nearest shop to us taking part which is in Henley. Got there at 10.30pm, half an hour after opening, and everything Mr. QofG's wanted had sold out :( He did get a Two Tone record (all of the singles, A sides only he says!) but not any of the exclusive Record Store day records!

everything's available on ebay for twice the price (or more) right now!

Yeah, we were just discussing if that would be the case. Annoying in some ways but also the way of things I suppose. At least some of the smaller records shop will have made good business out of it so that's positive. The one in Henley was a decent shop with a good choice of vinyl...so Mr. QofG's tells me I went off to a sweet shop while he was browsing :oops:

mental - doubled in price with 21 hrs to go. they had a few copies left too... it's almost tempting to nip back and get another copy for selling...

I walked round to my local vinyl emporium to show solidarity with fellow DJs and crate diggers only to find that the place had just very recently shut down :(:(

sweet jesus. the toots 7" i paid 6 quid for this morning is up to 35 quid on ebay. 15 hours left to go. :eek:

there was a few in the box at action too... would it be totally wrong to go back on monday and see if they have a copy left...?

missed going to mine today as i was working :mad: was shut by the time i went past, fair do's as they have the gig tonight
went a couple of years ago and it was rammed but they have moved since, also took over an empty shop opposite for the bands today.
and they produced their first ever fanzine which someone got for me

Spillers Records - the oldest record shop in the WORLD :cool:
i go in there other times to get stuff too
www.spillersrecords.co.uk

eta forgot about the toots 7" :facepalm:

actually, just noticed the comment at the bottom - the price may be artificially inflated by enraged trojan fans who couldn't get a copy at the record store... :D

They're online, but Rhythm Online are still an indie concern and they're having a 10% off day 'til midnight. I ordered something earlier, but didn't get to any shops unfortunately.

erk! i blogged that toots record, and it's appearing at the top of google if you search for the record by name (above trojan themselves...)

should i expect a cease & desist by monday? :facepalm:

Went to Rough Trade East yesterday but not 'til about 4pm so owt of any Record Store Day related interest was gone - wanted the Toots 7" so thanks to killer b for uploading :cool:

Still bought some bits though; Mudhoney covering hawkwind, King Khan and Anna Caliv 7"s - made me :)

I was in Leeds yesterday and stopped by at Jumbo Records (where I spent a lot of money back in my stylish youth) to buy a couple of cds and see a band called Ellen & the Escapades before heading off to watch the footy - nice vibe (in fact I almost wish I'd hung around for the rest of the live sets because the game was crap)....

Yesterday all I bought was Bandulu - Guidance (2x clear vinyl 1993) s/h from Sister Ray. Not got much money at the moment :(

Back
Top Bottom