Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Recommend a fastish estate

I love these and will have one... one day. Black with a tobacco leather interior and authentic period Wolfrace alloys.

They have the Ford Essex 3.0 V6 so they could be made fast, possibly with a Cologne V6 turbo transplant.

One of my inlaws neighbours has 2 or maybe 3 of these!!

Thinking about it my bro posts on some godawful forum called pistonheads. They'll have loads of tips on there if you can brave it. You might need a wash after visiting there though to get the stink of Jeremy Clarkson worship out of your clothes.

Oi, Pistonheads is ace. The right bits of it, anyway. Better entertainment than here most days now IMO. Just get your spelling and grammar spot on.

Thinking about it my bro posts on some godawful forum called pistonheads. They'll have loads of tips on there if you can brave it. You might need a wash after visiting there though to get the stink of Jeremy Clarkson worship out of your clothes.

Really :confused:

I'd have thought any forum that welcomed my wrongun sibling and his dodgy views on life and immigrants would be pure evil. I've only been on there once to help him with a problem.

They'd hate me though. I'm a liberal, greenie with no driving license

There's a bit of that, and I wouldn't suggest you get stuck into the political threads by any means, but you might find it's quite a lot more mild mannered and intelligent than you were expecting.

I'll give it a miss for now thanks :)

Me and my bro row enough IRL without doing it online as well. He'd fucking hate this place, apart from the drugs forum :D

I'm obviously wrong and projecting my boy racer younger bro's personality onto the whole of the pistonheads community. If I ever pass my driving test I'll give it a whirl!

Actually I now recall reading a great thread about pig breeding on there :)

The Pistonheads forums are great, really fast moving and a lot more lulz & informative posts than you'd imagine. The News & eComonics forum can be a bit Daily Mail but that's about it.

I do go int o the Classic Cars section alot. :)

I just consulted the auto oracle in our family and he reckons a BMW M5 touring is the very best. Looks like you can pick a used one up for about £25k :D

I know fuck all about cars, so he may have been sucking on too many exhaust fumes lately for all I know :)

ooh. looky what i found,

2282353.jpg

volvo p1800es shooting brake.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C252222

Hmmm, how different would that be to my 540 touring though? (Apart from mpg)

Completely different car.

Handling would be the most noticeable difference. I've driven the Audi and if you didn't know, you wouldn't think you were driving an estate. It's 100kg's less flabby than the Beamer, sits lower and has 4WD. That big old V8 lump pushes you along nicely in straight lines but that's about it, isn't it? The BMW would struggle to stay in touch with the Audi on most non-motorway roads.

The insurance is less for the Audi, emissions are lower, and the extra 10 miles per gallon aren't to be sniffed at either. I think it's better looking too.

oh yes. massively so.

Really? Didn't know that.

What have Audi drivers done to earn this disdain?

Most of the dicks that I come across on the roads (apart from the hot-hatch brigade, and Foxton's Mini drivers) drive Beamers or company type motors (Mondeo's, Vectra's, etc).

oh yes. massively so.
for at least the last five or six years, possibly longer.

Audi drivers do have a bad rep but I've definetly met(on the road) arseholes in most makes of car, and some very nice Audi drivers too. Insignia drivers seem to be grade A arseholes to a person!!
I'd let Audi drivers out but I drive a VW :D I'm more likely to let a 'fast' car out in front of me tbh.

Audi drivers do have a bad rep but I've definetly met(on the road) arseholes in most makes of car, and some very nice Audi drivers too. Insignia drivers seem to be grade A arseholes to a person!!
I'd let Audi drivers out but I drive a VW :D I'm more likely to let a 'fast' car out in front of me tbh.
i don't think it's anything at all to do with how the owners drive, rather what the owners are percieved to be like.

Back
Top Bottom