Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Re-Heating Rice

high castle

Banned
Banned
Is the issue of re-heating rice (that it can cause food poisoning) misleading, in that the 're-heating' part isn't actually the issue, and that you stand the same chance (if not more) of food poisoning from eating left-over rice where 'Bacillus cereus' has germinated, even if you DON'T reheat it?

Is the issue of re-heating rice (that it can cause food poisoning) misleading, in that the 're-heating' part isn't actually the issue, and that you stand the same chance (if not more) of food poisoning from eating left-over rice where 'Bacillus cereus' has germinated, even if you DON'T reheat it?

You don't say?

Ever think on taking a look to see if your pet topic just might have been done to death, warmed-over then done to fucking death all over again? :p

got it out of their system

Nevar!
\
th_143482.gif

You don't say?

Ever think on taking a look to see if your pet topic just might have been done to death, warmed-over then done to fucking death all over again? :p

Okay, I guess my question is more specific being why the 'reheating' aspect seems to be the main point of contention everywhere when it is a total irrelevance, as you have at least as much risk when eating left-over rice that has not been re-heated.

Unless, of course - for some reason I've missed - it isn't a total irrelevance.

Okay, I guess my question is more specific being why the 'reheating' aspect seems to be the main point of contention everywhere when it is a total irrelevance, as you have at least as much risk when eating left-over rice that has not been re-heated.

Re-heating rice isn't the risk. Failing to re-heat properly is the risk. Yes, you might as well eat it cold if you fail to re-heat properly.

Secondary toxins created by the bacterial action, which will not be destroyed by reheating and can be every bit as nasty as the bacteria themselves.

In my case it was nine weeks in hospital with all sorts of unpleasantness including the first stages of kidney failure and one of my testicles swelling-up to the size of a grapefruit and many months of feeling utterly shit afterwards as my body slowly expelled the toxins from my system.

Really.. not.. worth.. it..!

Secondary toxins created by the bacterial action, which will not be destroyed by reheating and can be every bit as nasty as the bacteria themselves.

In my case it was nine weeks in hospital with all sorts of unpleasantness including the first stages of kidney failure and one of my testicles swelling-up to the size of a grapefruit and many months of feeling utterly shit afterwards as my body slowly expelled the toxins from my system.

Really.. not.. worth.. it..!
Sorry to hear that. The re-heating doesn't create any changes that exposes us to more risk then?

Sorry to hear that. The re-heating doesn't create any changes that exposes us to more risk then?

Re-heating can increase bacterial activity again, possibly to higher levels than before so yes it does play a part but poor cooling/storage is a very big part of the issue.

Back
Top Bottom