Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Raiders of the Lost Ark

In here.

Maryam.jpg

Yeah but it should be in Lalibela. It looks the part. The church in Axium looks a bit meh.

In 2009 the Patriarch of the Orthodox Church of Ethiopia, Abuna Pauolo announced that the Ark was about to be revealed to the world. Newswires around the world reported the story. The world held it's breath

http://www.nowpublic.com/strange/ark-covenant-revealed-ethiopian-church-show-artifact

and then........

Oh surprise surprise. It won't be revealed after all. The Patriarch was misquoted.
http://www.nowpublic.com/strange/ark-covenant-wont-be-revealed-world-not-surprised

raiders_face.jpg

Saw it the other day and I dont think it has dated that well. The egypt crypt scenes are still good, but lots of the dialogue non-action scenes throughout are really ropey.

About 24 minutes in.

IJ: I never meant to hurt you
Marion: I was a child, I was in love. It was wrong and you knew it.
IJ: You knew what you were doing
Marion: Now I do. This is my place. Get out!

What the fuck?
:eek:

Can anyone find a flaw in this film?

Possibly. When hes escaping/being chased by the Germans when they have the Ark in a truck, one minute theryre all driving along in the desert then beside a river. All of a sudden one of the German cars falls off a huge fucking cliff. Where'd that come from.

About 24 minutes in.

IJ: I never meant to hurt you
Marion: I was a child, I was in love. It was wrong and you knew it.
IJ: You knew what you were doing
Marion: Now I do. This is my place. Get out!

What the fuck?
:eek:

Child = naive young legal person

We all laugh when imperialist American antiquity hogging tomb-raider casually shoots local arab man?

I'm throwing it out there that's all.

To be fair, i'd shoot local fancy dan swordsman arab if he tried that shit on me

:D

Then i'd go and change my pants and get therapy.

We all laugh when imperialist American antiquity hogging tomb-raider casually shoots local arab man?

I'm throwing it out there that's all.

The infamous scene in which Indy shoots a marauding and flamboyant swordsman was not in the original script. Harrison Ford was supposed to use his whip to get the swords out of his attacker's hands, but the food poisoning he and the rest of the crew had gotten made him too sick to perform the stunt. After several unsuccessful tries, someone made the off-handed remark, "Why doesn't he just shoot him and get it done and over with?" Steven Spielberg immediately took up the idea and the scene was successfully filmed.

Thus one of the most memorable movie deaths in cinema was born. Imagine how the swordsman must have felt to have his big fight scene reduced to a quick bullet through the chest.

On a different note We can be thankful that Harrison Ford was given the role of Indy. The second choice was Tom Selleck. It could have all looked very different.

tom+selleck.jpg

Right after much deliberation and guitar playing. I'm really not that impressed by it. I now know why I chose to watch it last. The starting scene was brilliant, then you find out he's a paedo, then some stuff happens in the middle with nazi's being linked to occult (I don't know how credible this is) It gets to the end where all the nazi's die using special effect methods from B movies of the horror genre.

It's not crap, but I doubt I'll ever want to watch it again, well at least in a long time.

Saw it the other day and I dont think it has dated that well. The egypt crypt scenes are still good, but lots of the dialogue non-action scenes throughout are really ropey.
Of course. It's a pastiche of 1930s Saturday morning serials!

:D

Then i'd go and change my pants and get therapy.
Apparently Ford had Tunisia-belly when they filmed it. If he'd done the fight as scripted, he would indeed have had to change his pants. "Steven, can't I just shoot the fucker?" And the legend was born. :cool:

After much consideration, the only Raiders flaw I can dredge up is their failure to include the shot of Indy lashed to the U-boat's periscope with his whip.

Still 10/10. Perfect adventure movie.

Right after much deliberation and guitar playing. I'm really not that impressed by it. I now know why I chose to watch it last. The starting scene was brilliant, then you find out he's a paedo, then some stuff happens in the middle with nazi's being linked to occult (I don't know how credible this is) It gets to the end where all the nazi's die using special effect methods from B movies of the horror genre.

It's not crap, but I doubt I'll ever want to watch it again, well at least in a long time.

This is right up there with putting your faith in a computer to manage global resource allocation for profoundly mistaken thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom