Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Public catch robber in Shepherd's Bush.

But how does this develop?
In the home usually.
Giving your child small tasks, like picking up clothes, tidying up their toys, etc.
Community projects when they are a little older also helps.
Schools are also an important step, learning that community is a group made up of responsible individuals.

In the home usually.
Giving your child small tasks, like picking up clothes, tidying up their toys, etc.
Community projects when they are a little older also helps.
Schools are also an important step, learning that community is a group made up of responsible individuals.

I'd say it's about primary relationships, a sense of reciprocity, and cause and effect between baby and caregivers initially, before anything more complex develops. Anything else is built on that - if I suck on this nipple it makes the milk come, if I cry my parent feeds me or gives me a cuddle, if I smile they smile back etc.

A lot of children don't get that, their environment is chaotic and unpredictable and unresponsive. That might be how it is for the parents too, beyond the home.

And then some children in such circumstances develop a powerful sense of responsibility for younger siblings or for unwell parents which can be inhibiting of their own growth, so different problems.

But children in the most stable of home environments will resist being told to tidy up.

So, as usual thinking about humans, not simple.

Last edited:
What's the reasoning against cutting the bullshit and chopping the sentences in half?
Wally lefties campaigning for sentencing reform, and pearl clutching like we've seen on this thread.

"Won't somebody think of the poor armed robbers????"

Wally lefties campaigning for sentencing reform, and pearl clutching like we've seen on this thread.

"Won't somebody think of the poor armed robbers????"

I’d try a reply but I want to take a quick straw poll over whether you understood my post (typing is a lot slower when stood on a bus). :confused:

I’d try a reply but I want to take a quick straw poll over whether you understood my post (typing is a lot slower when stood on a bus). :confused:
Spymaster will barely have even read it. He'll have seen something about reducing sentences and then the red mist will have descended. At the moment he is writing yet another letter to his MP about the good old days when we had 'proper punishment'.

These do gooding liberals softies want... longer sentences

Personally, I think a clarity and openness about sentencing (with reference to the bits that come along after the custodial element) would be welcome.

Not much, but might very slightly reduce the credence of the right-wing press when they say, for example, that “the convict walked free from court”.

Personally, I think a clarity and openness about sentencing (with reference to the bits that come along after the custodial element) would be welcome.

Not much, but might very slightly reduce the credence of the right-wing press when they say, for example, that “the convict walked free from court”.
Putting aside argument for longer sentences and also that I'm not really arsed, I do understand from perspective of compliance why a licence period post custody is useful, because if the individual commits further crimes they are straight into prison on recall. Likewise with suspended sentences, fuck up and it's defo jail.

20198344-7614761-image-m-49_1572037419169.jpg

With apologies for returning to the armed robbery, but do we know if the 34 year-old man who was charged with robbery, dangerous driving, possession of an offensive weapon, criminal damage and receiving stolen goods following the incident has been able to assist the police with the whereabouts of the two individuals shown in footage successfully fleeing the scene?

Or was he only passing by and the unfortunate victim of some form of mistaken identity?

With apologies for returning to the armed robbery, but do we know if the 34 year-old man who was charged with robbery, dangerous driving, possession of an offensive weapon, criminal damage and receiving stolen goods following the incident has been able to assist the police with the whereabouts of the two individuals shown in footage successfully fleeing the scene?

Or was he only passing by and the unfortunate victim of some form of mistaken identity?
What do you think? And what are you basing your opinion on (if you actually have one)?

Valiant defiance of property rights AND dangerous driving...

Deckchairs now at half-price with FREE popcorn!

I thought you normally picked on people for going off topic. :confused:
I'm asking him for his opinion. That's pretty much what forums are set up for and it's certainly not 'picking on' anyone, so there's really no need for you to pointlessly shove your personal digs in. Again.

Probably dependant on whether ‘honour among thieves’ is something this apprehended jewellery thief adheres to or not.

Given that he 's there to be seen in handcuffs, It's a safe bet that he didn't manage to flee the scene with his accomplices, so without access to a crystal ball, how could he possibly know their whereabouts?

I'm asking him for his opinion. That's pretty much what forums are set up for and it's certainly not 'picking on' anyone, so there's really no need for you to pointlessly shove your personal digs in. Again.

Most of us don't have the option to sublimate our 'personal digs' directly into modding decisions, but last time I looked people were allowed to ask questions on here.

When someone receives a determinate prison sentence, the court explicitly states how much time will be spent in custody and how much on probation. For extended/life sentences, either a fixed or minimum custodial period will be set. I'm not sure how the clarity or openness of sentences could be improved, except perhaps in the manner of how they are reported.

When someone receives a determinate prison sentence, the court explicitly states how much time will be spent in custody and how much on probation. For extended/life sentences, either a fixed or minimum custodial period will be set. I'm not sure how the clarity or openness of sentences could be improved, except perhaps in the manner of how they are reported.

Still waiting for that response from Athos...

Is it only a certain range of particular sentences for which the punishments handed down are essentially a lie to becalm the base and vengeful public?

Just seen it.

It varies according to when the offence was committed, the age of the prisoner, whether they're a foreign citizen, and what the original sentence was. But, generally, very few people with a determinate sentence (i.e. a set number if years) actually serve the whole of that time in prison.

Some more detail here.

Back
Top Bottom