Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pro Cycling 2024

GC won by 4 seconds; only 10 seconds covering the podium; incroyable. Had to be one of the best finishes of any TdeF.
Yep. If only SD Worx hadn’t been such utter twats and had helped Vollering when she crashed, rather than leaving her to ride in on her own…

A stage victory cost them the yellow jersey…

Quest are shite. If you've got the highlights bloody show them. Don't put on something else instead, with a caption saying you apologise for the change in schedule, if you don't tell us when the rescheduled programme will be on.

Superb win by Eddie Dunbar today at the Vuelta, Stage 11, It has been super exciting so far; anything could happen, when is Roglic going to fall off ? :D

Superb win by Eddie Dunbar today at the Vuelta, Stage 11, It has been super exciting so far; anything could happen, when is Roglic going to fall off ? :D
Yeah Roglic is the favourite to win but there's always the crash to come. Will it be one that his team can bring him back safely from or will not be another DNF?
Tbh I've found it dull with a peloton of second tier riders - even Van Aert is not coming second all the time..
Roll on the Worlds and Il Lombardia.

Just come here to say the same...Was super disciplined for a change and watch the stage on catchup (from 40km to go)...What a stage, what entertainment!...Castillo's win, Vlasov's face as he nearly drew level and looked set to break all our hearts...Crawling up that final climb looking like me wrestling up Box Hil... And then the finale of the riders coming through the fog "Is this Ben O'Connor? No, it's Landa" :D

Woo! Tour of Britain is underway with the double Olympic champ in the peloton. Strong Ineos, Bahrain and Israel teams as well.

Woo! Tour of Britain is underway with the double Olympic champ in the peloton. Strong Ineos, Bahrain and Israel teams as well.
I have just tried looking at the map for the TOB 2024.
The map appears to show stage 8 is London but the stage details show Stonehaven to Aberdeen?
1725384528492.png
1725384550015.png

INEOS got slaughtered at ToB. Disastrous time for Pidcock - losing the MTB World title and now 12 minutes down on GC in his home race.

Fuck me ITV is shite; 4:50 of cycling, 4:30 of ads. Fuck that.

Probably should have actually gone to watch (stage 3 tour of Britain Sheffield), but hungover and the weather is a bit miserable :oops:

I think I'm hearing Roglic is struggling with sickness in the Vuelta. It's certainly a bad day to be under the weather out there today.

Can Remco do the double-double?
Pog will be hard to bet but they said that in Wollongong and I doubt MvP will make the same mistake of bursting into teenage girls' hotel room in his boxers.

Pog will be hard to bet but they said that in Wollongong and I doubt MvP will make the same mistake of bursting into teenage girls' hotel room in his boxers.
It’s Pog’s to lose - and I want him to win, but a double-double for Remco would also be pretty impressive to see.

I'm on Team Remco - would be great to have two generational talents rather than just the one. But yeah going to be tough.
I’ve been looking at the course - on paper it’s perfect for Pog - those shortish, steep ramps where he can just fire off the front and then hold a gap. But Remco isn’t too shabby at that sort of thing either…

Should be a good race :cool:

I’ve been looking at the course - on paper it’s perfect for Pog - those shortish, steep ramps where he can just fire off the front and then hold a gap. But Remco isn’t too shabby at that sort of thing either…

Should be a good race :cool:
Let's hope so. At least with Van Aert out Belgium doesn't have to worry about appeasing him and working for a reduced sprint in which he would probably have come second. Hoping for a proper 1vs1 on this with maybe some random (maybe Jorgensen?) clinging on behind them.
Slovenia have a stronger team than Belgium on paper but Roglic probably wants to ride his own race a la Van Aert and that might distract Pog.

Watched the juniors today. That is going to be one tough course especially of it pisses down like today. the favourite crashed out on a descent but the Italian lad with a dad from Sheffield looked very good. Remember the name - Lorenzo Mark Finn

Really look fwd to this race. Will be interesting to see if Belgium or Netherland's team tactics can put any pressure on Pogacar.
It's all been a tragic event with the death of Junior Muriel Furrer so not sure what the atmosphere will be like for Men's & Women's races.

Cat Ferguson is our rising star and of course she comes from Yorkshire where else ?

It's so hard to compare eras, but in my 30+ years of watching the sport I can't think of a better (male) all-round rider. Boardman was suggesting he's ahead of Merckx and Hinault too.

I did wonder if the final chasing pack could have worked together a bit better over the last 40k or so and got closer. The commentators made it sound like Pog was having a wobble at one point but clearly it passed pretty quickly. As they said, he’s such a complete cyclist - climbs, descents, any distance, and even with less support. Legend.

Back
Top Bottom