Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Prem League 2020-21 Title Race

As a Lincoln fan (and so pretty much a neutral as far as the Premier League goes - I think I can safely say we'll never be darkening its doors) I do find the self-regarding exceptionalism that some Liverpool fans put out quite grating tbh.

Which isn't to say I can't find other reasons why all the other big Premier League clubs are equally annoying of course.

Last edited:
That implies you dislike Liverpool more than the others, particularly the Manchester clubs. Any background to that? Are you a Toffee?
It's always hilarious to see any big club fall flat on their faces, and what better club to laugh at than the defending champions? Also, it's Liverpool.

Also, the best thing about there being a 'big six' is that there are always at least two of them you can have a good chortle at for failing miserably, at least by their and their fans ludicrously high standards. As a fan of a shit league one club, extracting joy from the misery of premier league fans is one of the few joys I have left.

As a Lincoln (and so pretty much a neutral as far as the Premier League goes - I think I can safely say we'll never be darkening its doors) I do find the self-regarding exceptionalism that some Liverpool fans put out quite grating tbh.

Which isn't to say I can't find other reasons why all the other big Premier League clubs are equally annoying of course.

I grew up with a lot of Liverpool fans that were so annoying at the time. I kind of enjoyed them winning it this year but glad to see them falling again. Is it just me or has Klopp been coming across badly? I don't follow things massively but he just seems to be moaning all the time.

I grew up with a lot of Liverpool fans that were so annoying at the time. I kind of enjoyed them winning it this year but glad to see them falling again. Is it just me or has Klopp been coming across badly? I don't follow things massively but he just seems to be moaning all the time.
He does seem to have lost a bit of that ebullient smiling persona that he had, in some ways understandable tbh , although compared to Mourinho he comes across as the life of the party.Theres a recent clip on Twitter somewhere with a foreign journalist where he really does come across badly.

I meant about his sacking :p
Haven't watched any matches recently, so don't know what the play was like, but the results have been dire and Wael has invested a lot of money for no return so far, so not surprised he's been ruthless. It's a shame because Tisdale had a decent few years at Exeter, but he's not done anything of note for ages. No idea who should get it though, the usual crowd are shouting for Holloway again, but that would probably be a disaster.

If you don't mind, why is that? Just in the sense of your main rival falling behind or do you genuinely dislike Liverpool?

I'm a united fan and find myself in the weird situation of having Liverpool as my 3rd or 4th club. :eek: It's partly out of respect for the families of the 96, but also what's not to like about Klopp? Admittedly, I'm weird, I actually used to quite like citeh when they were shit. :(

I dislike Liverpool's exceptionalism and particularly the way certain parts of the sports media talk about them, as if there were something innately romantic or noble about them.

Obviously as a kid when City were shit and United won everything I didn't care that much about it but now that United have spent almost a decade being non-contenders while City have been without doubt the best team in the league overall, I am not that bitter about the idea of United making a comeback and being title contenders. I'd be gutted if they actually did win the league of course, it would be unbearable -- but if they are better than Liverpool it is quite pleasing.

Can't have 2nd or 3rd teams in the same league :mad:

Other teams I really hate: Nottingham Forest, Stockport County, Bolton Wanderers, Chelsea, Millwall, Birmingham City.

I have an affection for Port Vale.

I've read various comments, mostly BTL on articles, saying that Kane, Grealish, Maddison, Calvert-Lewin, etc need to move in order to win something. But do they need to win trophies in order to be considered greats?

It was a much better game than Lineker et al seemed to expect.

I'm also glad they didn't call it a "derby". Brighton don't really have a local derby as such, but Palace are the big rivals.

As for Southampton, I've been to St Mary's and every game, regardless of the opposition, features a song about "shooting the Pompey scum".

Looking at the table is it that far off where the bookies would've place everyone before the season started? Obviously Liverpool are way down, and West Ham and arguably Villa higher than you'd expect, but other than that it looks like many would've predicted.

Looking at the table is it that far off where the bookies would've place everyone before the season started? Obviously Liverpool are way down, and West Ham and arguably Villa higher than you'd expect, but other than that it looks like many would've predicted.
Chelsea down on pre season predictions Leicester up, Everton up, Spurs down , Arsenal down

Back
Top Bottom