Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Post your favourite painting

Aladdin

Post a picture of your favourite painting.
One you would love to have on your wall.

Rothko.
The 1950 Rothko painting, “White Center (Yellow, Pink and Lavender on Rose) I have always loved this painting. Even as a kid.

20070516_124530_bn16rothko_painting.jpg

And mine.. 45 x 60 cm ..took me 6 months..(obvs deliberatle not copied ...for obvs reasons....painted in 2017. Titchy and on a canvas on board which was possibly not the right material. Might give it another go on a large canvas..

20201029_232250.jpglearned a lot painting this 😀

Last edited:
Post a picture of your favourite painting.
One you would love to have on your wall.

Rothko.
The 1950 Rothko painting, “White Center (Yellow, Pink and Lavender on Rose) I have always loved this painting. Even as a kid.

View attachment 387350

And mine.. 45 x 60 cm ..took me 6 months..(obvs deliberatle not copied ...for obvs reasons....painted in 2017. Titchy and on a canvas on board which was possibly not the right material. Might give it another go on a large canvas..
View attachment 387351learned a lot painting this 😀
I don’t get this at all. Flat colour, meh. I like what Marty posted.

Magnus McGinty You need to see one in person.
The colour is not flat at all. Rothko layered colour in really thin layers.
They are unbelievably beautiful.
Mine is clearly flat...and after 6 months I was still wondering how the heck he did it. people have been known to cry when they see Rothkos paintings. (At the effect and beauty ... not in pain)

I don’t get this at all. Flat colour, meh. I like what Marty posted.

Mine is clearly flat...and after 6 months I was still wondering how the heck he did it. people have been known to cry when they see Rothkos paintings. (At the effect and beauty ... not in pain)
I thought yours looked better! 😂
Yes I need to see their work in person I guess.

The rothko room at the tate is one of my favourite places in the world. They're amazing.

I like the Rothko room, but I can't stay there too long. They're such a good depiction of crushing enormaty of depression.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom