Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Post random pics of your CD/vinyl/cassette collection

You put nick cave under N? Disturbing
I would have gone for C , but technically NC and the Bad Seeds, so a band rather than a solo artist.
I ummed and ahhed about this, but in the end I went with what Raheem said. I'll confess I don't think I've always been consistent; Cat Power is under C, but I seem to remember putting Iggy Pop under P, when both are pseudonyms.

That said, the Stooges definitely go under S, as they only added Iggy's name on their third album.

I ummed and ahhed about this, but in the end I went with what Raheem said. I'll confess I don't think I've always been consistent; Cat Power is under C, but I seem to remember putting Iggy Pop under P, when both are pseudonyms.

That said, the Stooges definitely go under S, as they only added Iggy's name on their third album.
Lee ‘Scratch’ Perry is under P, I noticed.

Lee ‘Scratch’ Perry is under P, I noticed.
It's not a perfect science. Some people may have put the Polygon Window CD you might be able to see in with the Aphex Twin records.

Similarly whilst it's not an issue yet, if there were something between "NI" and "NW" where would Straight Outta Compton go?

First world problems, eh?

It's not a perfect science. Some people may have put the Polygon Window CD you might be able to see in with the Aphex Twin records.

Similarly whilst it's not an issue yet, if there were something between "NI" and "NW" where would Straight Outta Compton go?

First world problems, eh?
I do keep all my Cope records together, whether they’re by JC, the teardrops, dope or dayglo maradona. It does make it much easier to find some of the ones where I can’t recall what silly name he was using at the time, and my cd’s wouldn’t fit neatly otherwise. I think he’s the only one I behave like that for.

I do keep all my Cope records together, whether they’re by JC, the teardrops, dope or dayglo maradona. It does make it much easier to find some of the ones where I can’t recall what silly name he was using at the time, and my cd’s wouldn’t fit neatly otherwise. I think he’s the only one I behave like that for.
Eno is another difficult one. All the stuff I have with his name in the act, solo or with Budd, Byrne, etc, is under E. It seems to make sense to have Ambient 1-4 next to one another, despite them being by three different acts.

Eno is another difficult one. All the stuff I have with his name in the act, solo or with Budd, Byrne, etc, is under E. It seems to make sense to have Ambient 1-4 next to one another, despite them being by three different acts.
PJ Harvey did "A Woman Walks By" as "PJ Harvey and John Parish", and Dance Hall at Louse Point" as John Parish and Polly Jean Harvey. There may be a good reason for this, but they are both with the other PJ Harvey albums. I'd never remember where to look otherwise.

Conversely, my Iggy Pop stuff is under I, but The Stooges and Iggy and The Stooges albums are under S, and Nick Cave and the Band Seeds are under C, The Birthday Party under B and Grinderman under G. The Boys Next Door album is filed under B, but separately from The Birthday Party, so whilst I understand the Julian Cope problem, I differ in my approach, with PJ Harvey being the exception!

I expect I could find other issues if I looked!

IMG_20210721_182924894.jpgIMG_20210721_182930400.jpg
Mostly for for the car over the pass d 15years really, spare room fodder.

I have got a Bluetooth recuever for my current 15yeat old motor so don't bother her too many much with physical stuff these days.

Always fancied getting vinyl but knew it would become unaffordable ultimately...

Found a old box of tapes in the shed. A pretty mixed bag of stuff. There's a shitload more of just random unboxed and sometimes unlabelled tapes that I really need to get my tapedeck fixed for, so I can rip them...

Attachments

• IMG_20210722_104911920 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20210722_104911920 - Copy.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 21

I’d put them altogether. This is one of my Beatles shelves (yes - I have several..) but there’s all solo Fabs’ stuff in there too plus all related stuff e.g. Rutles, Ravi Shankar, Badfinger, etc. 🙂

8DACEE5C-02D0-41E1-8D09-7950B740B875.jpeg

Its all well old tbh. I have a big soft spot for Temples of Boom. Muggs at his finest :cool:
Check out his solo record from this year. Quality stuff.

I’d put them altogether. This is one of my Beatles shelves (yes - I have several..) but there’s all solo Fabs’ stuff in there too plus all related stuff e.g. Rutles, Ravi Shankar, Badfinger, etc. 🙂
And Wings, the band the Beatles could've been?

Back
Top Bottom