Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Post a Puffin for Petee

View attachment 279223

Puffin crossing

A puffin crossing (its name derived from the phrase "pedestrian user-friendly intelligent") is a type of pedestrian crossing in use in the United Kingdom. The design is distinct in that the lights controlling the pedestrians are on the same side of the road as the pedestrian user, rather than on the opposite side as in the older pelican crossing it replaces.

I am sorry but I need to take issue with this.

The name "Puffin Crossing" is not derived from that phrase, it is clearly derived from the fact that we already have Pelican Crossings and they wanted to go with another seabird for these new ones and decided on Puffin then made up some nonsense phrase that they could pretend was the basis for an acronym.

I am sorry but I need to take issue with this.

The name "Puffin Crossing" is not derived from that phrase, it is clearly derived from the fact that we already have Pelican Crossings and they wanted to go with another seabird for these new ones and decided on Puffin then made up some nonsense phrase that they could pretend was the basis for an acronym.

You're quite possibly correct.

I had certainly never heard of a puffin crossing before, but when I searched for images of the Puffin Books logo, that came up.

E6sD-9gWUAsV7HS

View attachment 279223

Puffin crossing

A puffin crossing (its name derived from the phrase "pedestrian user-friendly intelligent") is a type of pedestrian crossing in use in the United Kingdom. The design is distinct in that the lights controlling the pedestrians are on the same side of the road as the pedestrian user, rather than on the opposite side as in the older pelican crossing it replaces.
These crossings are the most likely thing to kill me. I get to the lights, look desperately over the road for the signal, can't see it as they've put it on the wrong fucking side of the road and cross regardless of what the signal says.

And puffins are just hipster seagulls

Last edited:
Saw some puffins yesterday, sadly in the distance so no pic. Coquet island has had a record year for puffins. I heartily endorse Puffin cruses from Amble harbour 1626849852990.png
And for your live puffin action

edit I put the wrong camera up

Last edited:
I've got some coasters by tomjoe.com, including the 'No Puffin' one.

This is a better picture, as mine is a bit battered these days. I've got the Family Album one, too. :)

Just noticed, puffin's on a mug, too.

He's on a larger table mat, too. :rolleyes:

He's on a bloody cushion as well, £30 :mad:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom