Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pop Up Hotdogs - first 50 dogs are on us

Me too. I might get one for lunch. The pub that does the nice burgers near here does them too (for a fairly similar price... ;))

images

TBF they're probably really nice. A hot dog doesn't have to be that rubbery piece of shit from a can. I don't have tenners for such things though, that's 3 pints. And being an adult am not that fussed about milkshakes.

Most non-wetherspoon pubs round here are charging 10 quid for a plate of food nowdays. Burger? ten quid. Pie? Ten quid. Sitting down for evening food costs about ten quid. Curry + rice? Ten quid. Pizza? Ten quid.

The hotdogs at wetherspoons are minging. I've had one. It was minging. Beer helped.

Most non-wetherspoon pubs round here are charging 10 quid for a plate of food nowdays. Burger? ten quid. Pie? Ten quid. Sitting down for evening food costs about ten quid. Curry + rice? Ten quid. Pizza? Ten quid.

The hotdogs at wetherspoons are minging. I've had one. It was minging. Beer helped.

Ah well. Probably one of them rubbery things. Get a proper sausage next time.

I had a Wetherspoons "Gourmet Hot Dog" not long ago. The dog isn't that great and you don't get many chips but the chili topping is decent and it comes with onion rings, bonus. Throw in a good pint and £6.99 was exceptional value.

Oh yeah, and the beer was this:

IMAG0044.jpg

:thumbs:

not at equivalent three quid for the shake they wouldn't. Reminds me of the five dollar shake in pulp fiction

I had a Wetherspoons "Gourmet Hot Dog" not long ago. The dog isn't that great and you don't get many chips but the chili topping is decent and it comes with onion rings, bonus. Throw in a good pint and £6.99 was exceptional value.

Oh yeah, and the beer was this:

IMAG0044.jpg

:thumbs:
I think I was the first champion of the wetherspoons hotdog on this forum, I am pretty experienced.

yes, what of it
food has gone up in price in the last 20 years. actually the film must have been set before the year it was released, so let's say 25 years ago. it's like complaining a can of coke doesn't cost tuppence any more. Noone would be shocked at the 5 dollar shake any more, he would have had to change the script to 10 dollar.

food has gone up in price in the last 20 years. actually the film must have been set before the year it was released, so let's say 25 years ago. it's like complaining a can of coke doesn't cost tuppence any more. Noone would be shocked at the 5 dollar shake any more, he would have had to change the script to 10 dollar.

the film was set in the 1960s rutobowa.

gravel eating prolier than thou fucks. listen to yourselves.

Anyone thinking £3 is unusual for a non-booze drink when out obviously hasn't had a non-booze drink out anytime recently. If you want anything fancier than a coke, that's what you're looking at.

google says 90's cos of the cellphone

either way, its an expensive fucking milkshake by anyones lights
if it was set in the 60s I would agree it was a very expensive milkshake. 90s, pretty expensive. year 2014, wouldn't real raise an eyebrow at seeing that price on a menu.

Anyone thinking £3 is unusual for a non-booze drink when out obviously hasn't had a non-booze drink out anytime recently. If you want anything fancier than a coke, that's what you're looking at.

coffee's a pound fifty

at least you are paying mostly for the ingredients in a milkshake; if you buy a beer all you're paying for is tax.

Not to say there isn't a discussion to be had about how expensive food & drink is these days - it is expensive. But to get all shrill about these fucking hotdogs when they're selling at pretty average prices is laughable.

I 've been charged £2.40 for a soda water & lime before. Wasn't even a pint. Granted Edinburgh prices are probably getting close to that there London.

I'm struggling with this whole £10 for a meal as extortionate, tbh. I'm not saying that the hot dog meal in question *does* represent any sort of value, and I'm not a fan of hipster 'pop ups', but a *good* hot dog and chips and milkshake? Assuming the product is up to scratch, then why not?

edit: since this is in the Brixton forum, I probably should have said "this here London".

Not to say there isn't a discussion to be had about how expensive food & drink is these days - it is expensive.
yeh right there is. my old local pizza place started about 5 years ago at less than £5 or so a margerita, now it's £7.50!!! thank fully my new one is back to £5.50 which is a reasonable inflation over 5 years i guess.

Back
Top Bottom