Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pop Up Hotdogs - first 50 dogs are on us

killer b said:
Not to say there isn't a discussion to be had about how expensive food & drink is these days - it is expensive. But to get all shrill about these fucking hotdogs when they're selling at pretty average prices is laughable.

You can get a hot dog outside Stratford tube station for two quid.

So? you can get a burger from macdonalds for a quid. if I go rooting through the bins in town, I can get allsorts of stuff for fuck all. What relevance does this have to the point I was making?

I have to say that £10 for a hotdog, chips and drink seems pretty pricey to me too, but then I subsist on Tesco meal deals and think anything over a fiver is pushing the boat out :oops:

I suppose it's just priorities and value judgements; I tend to think of £10 as a pretty sizeable meal, whereas if others place more importance on ingredients then that's going to be factored in. £10 for a sausage in a bun, some fried potato and a milkshake just wouldn't be worth it imo.

killer b said:
So? you can get a burger from macdonalds for a quid. if I go rooting through the bins in town, I can get allsorts of stuff for fuck all. What relevance does this have to the point I was making?

Saying a tenner for a hotdog fries and a drink from a street vendor was 'average' price. You can get jerk chicken with rice from a vendor in waterloo for a fiver. That sounds more average to me.

Saying a tenner for a hotdog fries and a drink from a street vendor was 'average' price. You can get jerk chicken with rice from a vendor in waterloo for a fiver. That sounds more average to me.
oh did someone say it was "average" price? I didn't see anyone say that.
AND DOES THE JERK CHICKEN COME WITH A MILKSHAKE! please people you MUST compare like with like otherwise there will be chaos.

oh did someone say it was "average" price? I didn't see anyone say that.
AND DOES THE JERK CHICKEN COME WITH A MILKSHAKE! please people you MUST compare like with like otherwise there will be chaos.
You could probably buy a milkshake (or other tasty beverage) and still have change from a tenner.

rutabowa said:

Of course not. Besides, it's also daft to compare street vendors with pub grub because vendors have lower prices due to lower overheads.

Team Miser are totally winning this argument. Everybody else is riding a fixie while chomping down on a ten quid hotdog on their lunchbreak from an internship at Vice magazine

actually, looking at their site, you appear to be able to eat in.

has that been abolished now? damn and I thought I was getting one over on them by claiming take out but eating in anyway.

The only place I ever see that vary their sit in /take out prices these days are coffee shops, and they advertise quite clearly.

Back
Top Bottom