Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pop Up Hotdogs - first 50 dogs are on us

Is this not a forum for debate anymore?

Strictly speaking no, it isn't:

Brixton Noticeboard: **please read this before posting**
4. This is not a forum to register complaints with businesses, and only comments directly related to the thread's topic (e.g. checking opening times/asking for more details etc) are permitted. If posters wish to chat in general about a local businesses or complain about them, then they should post in the Brixton chat forum instead.

I hope that ten pound hotdog includes some fucking onions. You could buy a field of onions for a tenner. You could trademark the very concept of onions and have it stamped as yours by monsanto.

possibly.

ten quid is more than festival rip off prices to starving fuckers on an md comedown.

better be fucking huge. and amazing. or maybe it's just a special OMG LONDON deal. ie, not a good deal.

oh, and insert ''we wouldn't have had this kind of thread tolerated in ye days of yore" post here.

Seriously?

I'm clearly not earning enough if paying a tenner for a jolly smashing hotdog is normal.

When i think 'hotdog' im thinking decent hotdog a la Oktoberfest with triple fried chips and curry sauce, mayo etc. For a tenner im talking decent hotdog meal....for bog standard but thoroughly decent street hotdog (hopefully with fried onions) i guess i would pay £3.50 - 5 quid.

yuppies-out-champagne-fromage-01.jpg

where the fuck is fat white family when we need them?

ah, yes. selling their souls. probably sippin some bubbly in the comfy leather seats of a limo ;)
You're a bit weirdly obsessed about this band. You know they had to raise the money themselves to get to the US, yes?

You can't compare the price of a gourmet burger and a hot dog.
I'd want two or three hot dogs to equal the satisfaction of one fancy burger.
yes you can. They're practically the same thing, except the dog is longer an thinner. The concept - a shaped minced meat patty in a bun with sauce and stuff- is identical. If the quality and size is comparable, then so is the price. Which is only a few quid more than McDonald's anyway.

yes you can. They're practically the same thing, except the dog is longer an thinner. The concept - a shaped minced meat patty in a bun with sauce and stuff- is identical. If the quality and size is comparable, then so is the price. Which is only a few quid more than McDonald's anyway.
except the meat is many times more expensive.

nonsense. I don't have the prices for my nearest artisan butcher (;)) but at sainsburys a pack of pork mince is £3, and a pack of beef mince £4.50.

Then there's the extra processing costs - yer dogs need skins & smoking which - especially done on an 'artisan' small scale - all add up.

nonsense. I don't have the prices for my nearest artisan butcher (;)) but at sainsburys a pack of pork mince is £3, and a pack of beef mince £4.50.

Then there's the extra processing costs - yer dogs need skins & smoking which - especially done on an 'artisan' small scale - all add up.

a high end burger place doesn't use supermarket beef mince. they use far more expensive cuts freshly prepared onsite. this is why you can eat a nice juicy medium rare burger.

even the best pork that's been turned into sausages and smoked is going to be far less, weight for weight, than the beef burger.

its such a daft argument.

whatever. I just think it's a bit hypocritical of you to be moaning on here about this guys prices when you're drooling over some other bearded cunt's burgers elsewhere.
Its because, as others have said, a hotdog in any form is cheap dirty food. A quality burger is basically a steak.

I agree with KB. The reason sausage meat, like mince meat, is considered dodgey is because any old shit can by minced up to put in it. If you rear the animals with care etc. and only choose the finest cuts to make the mince, then they can both be high quality. Or are you saying cows are intrinsically better than pigs for some reason?

You cant trust what meat you are sold at best of times, mince is particularly sus. It was food poisining from cow mince that in a large part turned me veggie

I agree with KB. The reason sausage meat, like mince meat, is considered dodgey is because any old shit can by minced up to put in it. If you rear the animals with care etc. and only choose the finest cuts to make the mince, then they can both be high quality. Or are you saying cows are intrinsically better than pigs for some reason?

You cant trust what meat you are sold at best of times, mince is particularly sus. It was food poisining from cow mince that in a large part turned me veggie
I'm just saying cow costs more than pig. And with the expensive cuts, even more so.
thats all!

i have no strong feelings and will never go, by the way. it just gets me everyone who is going "£10 HOTDOG?!!" when it is not just for a hotdog, you get all other stuff.

Back
Top Bottom