Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill

What you said before you shifted the goalposts was the DM has no effect in Scotland. You agree in this post and others it has some effect in Scotland. So stfu about the mail, which you introduced for your own no doubt sectarian reasons into this exchange.
FFS are you always so literal. The Pravda and Der Stürmer would have an effect if published here. Just no effect on Government policy or legislation.

I have given you concrete examples of police cooperation across the island, I have pointed that paramilitarism could be discerned in Scottish policing at least as far back as 2005, and you come back with some weak but the organisation and the law are different. Do you honestly think policing in Scotland is insulated from policing in England?
Until 1999 the police were controlled by Whitehall. Organisations change and develop.

Are all your arguments so pretty and meaningless?

I do understand I am invading your perceived and assumed personal space. Try to be less defensive and thin-skinned.😁

Interesting to observe the split between pilers-on and people criticizing them as acting normally with newbies. Rather proves my point about groups.

Until 1999 the police were controlled by Whitehall. Organisations change and develop.

Are all your arguments so pretty and meaningless?

I do understand I am invading your perceived and assumed personal space. Try to be less defensive and thin-skinned.😁
Says the man who can't take being called a cunt. You know nothing of policing in Scotland, if you did you'd know that prior to 1999 police forces there were controlled by police authorities in Scotland which were merged into the Scottish police authorities convenors forum. The police in Scotland were not controlled from Whitehall.

Says the man who can't take being called a cunt. You know nothing of policing in Scotland, if you did you'd know that prior to 1999 police forces there were controlled by police authorities in Scotland which were merged into the Scottish police authorities convenors forum. The police in Scotland were not controlled from Whitehall.
All laws on policing were passed in Westminster. Initially by the Scottish Grand Committee, but with final decisions made by the current Westminster government. The only matters beyond Westminster control were the Courts and Religion which were not transferred to Westminster on Union.

What other body do you think passed the laws on policing in Scotland before 1999?

All laws on policing were passed in Westminster. Initially by the Scottish Grand Committee, but with final decisions made by the current Westminster government. The only matters beyond Westminster control were the Courts and Religion which were not transferred to Westminster on Union.

What other body do you think passed the laws on policing in Scotland before 1999?
I think you'll find that creating the laws within which the police operate is not the same as controlling them. By your measure the Westminster government controls all business in the UK. Which only a really stupid ignorant cunt would argue.

I think you'll find that creating the laws within which the police operate is not the same as controlling them. By your measure the Westminster government controls all business in the UK. Which only a really stupid ignorant cunt would argue.
You really do not do logic. Westminster set all the laws and statutory instruments controlling policing in Scotland until 1999. Fact. That is control.

Last time they had a majority of Scottish MPs.

God you are a literalist. Develop some flexibility and you will start making valid points.
You say the Tories haven't held power in Scotland since 1955. If they don't possess a plurality of MPs in Scotland but could yet exert their will then by any reasonable definition they hold power. To say oh noes they weren't in power in Scotland when they could impose the poll tax is really fucking stupid

Response to the hopeful petition

My bold - "because of XR"
No statues mentioned surprisingly!
Also "ineffective protest= good, effective protest = bad"
Nice "blocking of emergency vehicles" snuck in there too

"The right to protest is a cornerstone of British democracy and the Government is absolutely committed to maintaining freedoms of expression and assembly. This Bill will enable the police to manage disruptive protests more effectively. The majority of protests in England and Wales will be unaffected by the proposed measures in the Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill. They will not stop people from carrying out their civic right to protest and be heard.

Existing public order legislation was passed in 1986 and is no longer suitable for managing all the types of protests we experience today. We aim to ensure that legislation remains fit for purpose.

In recent years, we have seen a growing trend in protest groups using highly disruptive tactics that have a detrimental impact on the fundamental rights of others. The misery caused to millions of people by protesters gluing themselves to train carriages, blocking traffic, including emergency vehicles, and preventing newspapers from being distributed is totally unacceptable.

In a recent inspection, the independent policing inspectorate, Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary, Fire & Rescue Services (HMICFRS) found that the rights of protesters are sometimes prioritised over the rights of local residents, businesses, and those with opposing views, and recommended a ‘modest reset’ of the balance. This is what this Bill is designed to achieve.

The proposed measures will allow police to better manage highly disruptive protests, protecting the legitimate rights of those affected by the protests whilst remaining compliant with the European Convention on Human Rights.

Articles 10 and 11 of the European Convention on Human Rights set out that everyone has the right to freedom of expression and of peaceful assembly and association with others. However, these freedoms are not absolute, and restrictions may be placed for the protection of the rights and freedoms of others.

The police will continue to be required to pay due regard to Human Rights obligations when making use of any powers to manage protests and they must be able to show that their use of powers is necessary and proportionate.

Home Office"

Response to the hopeful petition

My bold - "because of XR"
No statues mentioned surprisingly!
Also "ineffective protest= good, effective protest = bad"
Nice "blocking of emergency vehicles" snuck in there too

Existing public order legislation was passed in 1986 and is no longer suitable for managing all the types of protests we experience today. We aim to ensure that legislation remains fit for purpose.

In recent years, we have seen a growing trend in protest groups using highly disruptive tactics that have a detrimental impact on the fundamental rights of others. The misery caused to millions of people by protesters gluing themselves to train carriages, blocking traffic, including emergency vehicles, and preventing newspapers from being distributed is totally unacceptable.
The mid-1980s famously being a time when no-one ever prevented newspapers from being distributed:
1617965307132.png

A majority of 100 with a Conservative government with an 80-seat majority, so they have "fellow travellers" for sure.

But yes, the Lords will perhaps do some tidying up and minor improvements, but that won't change the fundamentals. The right to peaceful protest has, tonight, by a majority of 100, been removed.

A majority of 100 with a Conservative government with an 80-seat majority, so they have "fellow travellers" for sure.

But yes, the Lords will perhaps do some tidying up and minor improvements, but that won't change the fundamentals. The right to peaceful protest has, tonight, by a majority of 100, been removed.
The only thing this will achieve is an increase in the likelihood of disruptive protest.

Back
Top Bottom