Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pokemon Go

There's a pikachu on Downing Street apparently.

Apparently the journos were all over it yesterday

sub-buzz-30407-1468432565-1.png

sub-buzz-28956-1468432601-13.png

sub-buzz-30427-1468432499-3.jpg

Nintendo were absolutely nuts waiting this long to get into mobile.

To be fair a game like this has been in demand for years with the Pokémon franchise, and with Nintendo losing the console wars between Microsoft and Sony, this was the perfect time to release it.

The thing with nintendo seems to be that half the management seems to still think that moving the focus away from hanafuda was a dangerous move

I kid.

I just went to a pokestop and there was nothing there. It seemed to suggest I needed to add a module of some sort. Thankfully, I found a wild Zubat when I was walking back so it wasn't a wasted trip.

Thoughts from a couple of hours playing:

- It crashes quite a lot (iPhone 6s), usually on the AR bit
- It ruins your battery
- They need to make it work in the background so you don't have to have it open all the time. Alerts when you get near something etc. The incubation bit while you walk is daft - I need to walk 5km, with the app open all that time. By the time I've walked 5km the battery will be dead...

Good fun though :D

Thoughts from a couple of hours playing:

- It crashes quite a lot (iPhone 6s), usually on the AR bit
- It ruins your battery
- They need to make it work in the background so you don't have to have it open all the time. Alerts when you get near something etc. The incubation bit while you walk is daft - I need to walk 5km, with the app open all that time. By the time I've walked 5km the battery will be dead...

Good fun though :D

I send my kids out in the evening to hatch my eggs.

Back
Top Bottom