Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Playstation 5

Cheers, added to my follows. I was on the Game website within 25 seconds of an alert from another account but have been in a q since then. 4 minutes away but apparently all the stand alone ones have gone. Not forking out for a bundle. Might as well see it out now.

Fingers crossed for Amazon next.

Pfft. Nada. Game site was fucked when I did get through.

Thanks ruffneck23 I've got them all set to notification alerts now. That does look like a likely one.

One day!

Pfft. Nada. Game site was fucked when I did get through.

Thanks ruffneck23 I've got them all set to notification alerts now. That does look like a likely one.

One day!
No worries man, I want everyone who wants one to get one ,I think I still maybe in the queue for curry’s so if I am and I get a notification you ( or anyone here if you have one ) is welcome to it if we can work out the logistics

Oooh, looks like I bagged one from the Evil Empire.

Got an email confirmation and everything. Following those 3 twitter accounts and when they reckon a drop is imminent hovering over the GO button seems to be the only way to do it.

Thanks for the help on here.

:cool:

Ah great news :) I did see amazon had some this morning, but it wouldn't allow me to add one ( for you peoples not me )

I am dead chuffed for you, also there is a sale starting 26th with ps game discounted ( Demon's souls , Miles Morales spider man to name but 2 ) so perhaps wait until then to splash out , also if you have ps+ get wreckfest, this months freebie, one of the best looking and fun racers ive played in ages :) also you get 20 odd games as part of the collection , most of them having updates and better FPS , God of War looks absolutely stunning

Dirt 5 deserves a mention too as its gorgeous too

Ah great news :) I did see amazon had some this morning, but it wouldn't allow me to add one ( for you peoples not me )

I am dead chuffed for you, also there is a sale starting 26th with ps game discounted ( Demon's souls , Miles Morales spider man to name but 2 ) so perhaps wait until then to splash out , also if you have ps+ get wreckfest, this months freebie, one of the best looking and fun racers ive played in ages :) also you get 20 odd games as part of the collection , most of them having updates and better FPS , God of War looks absolutely stunning

Dirt 5 deserves a mention too as its gorgeous too

Sounds great, will check them out. Thanks again for your help, :)

How are you finding it spitfire ?

It’s very swanky. even Mlle Fire spotted the upgrade in picture performance. By the time I’d downloaded all the things I only had a quick go on BFV last night which is largely the same.

Apparently having a ps5 doesn’t make you magically better at games. I was battered.

the controller haptic stuff is brilliant but I don’t like how the PS button is so close to the mic button.

I left it last night downloading all the updates for the few games I could fit on the ridiculously small drive. I’ll have a bash at Watch Dogs later. I should have the PS 5 upgrade working so may get a better idea of what to expect. Going to break out a blu ray as well. See how good that looks.

The resolution coming up on the Tv is much higher. Happy enough so far, just need to stretch it’s legs a bit.

The resolution coming up on the Tv is much higher. Happy enough so far, just need to stretch it’s legs a bit.
3840 x 2160

It's a Sony Bravia, few years old, not 4K. Will try and see if CEC works at some point.

Putting on Fury as it is the latest movie on Blu Ray I own apart from Dunkirk and 1917, they're too cerebral for me on a Friday night. :D Load of old bollocks but I love it.

The audio through the headphones is more dynamic, more bass for everything. Louder. 11.

Last edited:
Moar thoughts.

So the Blu Ray looked immense. Pinsharp detail, blacker blacks. So much better than the Apple TV and PS4 I have been using. Netflix wasn't grainy at all. Watching F1 on NOW TV and also looks much improved.

Went to play GTA and Watch Dogs but for some reason my user profiles hadn't ported over and was too pissed to work it out so watched more telly.

After a swift google this will be why it all looks so much better, it's almost 4K on my tv: "True 4K is actually 4096 x 2160. ... Most consumer "4K" monitors and TVs are 3840x2160 or 2160p. It is cheaper to produce and easier to scale. This is because it preserves the 16:9 aspect ratio and is a simple doubling of the 1080p resolution."

Not impressed with:
Storage space, 680GB? Get tae fuck.
Stupid short USB lead, give us a long lead ffs, it's £450!
No IR input so can't use universal remotes. The thing is massive, surely they could have squeezed one in. Going to see if CEC works, I have a Sony telly so fingers crossed.
Disc insert is out of sight when machine is on its side. It goes in easily enough but you are unsighted, I'm just nit picking now really...

If anyone else gets one get yourself a long patch lead so you can do the (initial) system and game updates wired, it will save you hours. I ended up stretching one across the living room, they're cheap as chips on ebay.

eta: No iPlayer! :mad:

Last edited:
Me again, apologies for multi posts.

Don't do what I did and unceremoniously cast aside your old PS4 as it is still useful. I transferred the game save data over my wifi after RTFM, I think I've lost some progress in Watch Dogs but GTA looks OK at first glance. Might be worth firing up any games you are currently playing on PS4 first and making sure the game save data is up to date.

ruffneck23 Wreckfest is great fun. :thumbs:

1621691178614.png

So my cousin , bless him bought ratchet and clank after much deliberation digitally so he is going to game share it with me , If we can work out how to do it

good reports so far , very very pretty and good fun too

Star wars : Fallen order has just had a proper PS5 ( and Xbox series to be fair) version , which is a free upgrade if you already have the game

and it is even prettier than it was before

I love how PS4 games are getting PS5 love , consoles finally aligning with PC games and steam

Star wars : Fallen order has just had a proper PS5 ( and Xbox series to be fair) version , which is a free upgrade if you already have the game

and it is even prettier than it was before

I love how PS4 games are getting PS5 love , consoles finally aligning with PC games and steam
Do you know if that works if you have the game downloaded onto your PS5 rather than on disc?

Do you know if that works if you have the game downloaded onto your PS5 rather than on disc?
I think so, i just went and re-dowloaded it from the store and it gave me the option of a ps4 or ps5 version , id assume that if you went to the install in foals library and select 'options' then check for update it should update. but im ont entirely sure.

ETA just found this :

How to upgrade to the PS5 version of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (Digital)​

If you have the PS4 version of the game as a digital download, it’s really simple. All you need to do is go to the PlayStation Store, search for the game and then select the ‘Free PS5 Upgrade’. You’ll then ‘purchase’ the upgrade at no cost, and it will then download. Simple as pie and the easiest method of upgrading to the PS5 version of any game.

Back
Top Bottom