Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Playstation 5

My mates are big X Box fans and have been on at me to go over, I considered swapping when I couldn't get a PS5 but all my games are PS so I'm locked in now. I rarely manage to play with anyone I know online anyway, just never happens.
yeah im so locked into sonys ecosystem now I would have been a fool not to come over anyways.

I do like the way game pass is shaping up, used to use it on PC when I had a decent gfx card but apart from the odd title there wasn't anything I really wanted to play, however there does seem to a lot of good games coming out soon.

If I can afford it at some point il end up getting one or a 30 series gfx card depending on what is available at the time.

Numbers came up on the Currys draw. So have just popped into the local store to put my money down
It will come "in 7 working days, or maybe 14" is a slightly worrying statement. Because Currys Brixton

My friend here in Korea just got one, went over to have a look. My five year old PC looks way better running Assassin's Creed Valhalla than the PS5. My 1080GTXTi might just last few more years.

Numbers came up on the Currys draw. So have just popped into the local store to put my money down
It will come "in 7 working days, or maybe 14" is a slightly worrying statement. Because Currys Brixton
And here it is, only slightly behind the promised date.
Had to go to the store in person to find it as:
a) they had neglected to contact me to confirm it had arrived
b) Currys web chat / phone line is unwilling / unable to give out numbers for the stores, so the only way to find out what is happening is top go to the store and wait for 45 minutes whilst someone wanders around the back

Currys really is shite

Still the PS5 itself is nice and shiny (but massive - like a rejected prop from 2001). The controller is great

And no, there are no good games yet (suspect that "Overcooked" on this week's PS plus, although PS5 only, isn't going to push it to its limits)

And here it is, only slightly behind the promised date.
Had to go to the store in person to find it as:
a) they had neglected to contact me to confirm it had arrived
b) Currys web chat / phone line is unwilling / unable to give out numbers for the stores, so the only way to find out what is happening is top go to the store and wait for 45 minutes whilst someone wanders around the back

Currys really is shite

Still the PS5 itself is nice and shiny (but massive - like a rejected prop from 2001). The controller is great

And no, there are no good games yet (suspect that "Overcooked" on this week's PS plus, although PS5 only, isn't going to push it to its limits)
Ratchek and clank is great and very pretty, demon's souls is also ace, but you should go and play some of the games in the ps plus collection as they have had gfx boosts, ~God of War looks lovely

Last edited:
sweet, I had to sell mine when lost my job ( no profit made I may add ) but now im working I need to replace it, I may even get a digital one for the time being

Game are taking pre-orders at the moment for delivery on the 15th of this month. I'm queuing but the wait time is over an hour so I guess I won't be one of the lucky ones.

Last edited:
Think I could have got one from EE this morning - £540 with charger. Dunno, still a bit expensive for a casual gamer, and feels like you're being forced into bundles which include stuff you wouldn't normally buy. How much is the charger worth? I assume you can just charge your dualshock by attaching it to the ps5 anyway? :confused:

yes - there is a
Think I could have got one from EE this morning - £540 with charger. Dunno, still a bit expensive for a casual gamer, and feels like you're being forced into bundles which include stuff you wouldn't normally buy. How much is the charger worth? I assume you can just charge your dualshock by attaching it to the ps5 anyway? :confused:
it comes with a USB to USB cable - plug one end into the PS5 and the other into the control. Electrickery flows and controller gets charged. don't see why you need a dedicated charger.

Mine came with a bundle deal of a second controller (from Currys) - which I don't really need as Billy no Mates. In hindsight I wish I had gone for the headphone bundle instead as I have no speakers on my monitor so am using iPhone ear buds plugged into the controller

As much as I want everyone to get one if they can, that doesnt seem like a good deal, and youre right as nick says you can just charge directly from the unit itself.

Argos supposedly releasing some at 8am today, in store and online. Looks like console only (disk version), which would be fine with me.

Back
Top Bottom