Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Playstation 5

Was sat in the Game queue for over an hour before a message came up that said they'd sold out. :facepalm:

God knows when they'll be in stock or available for preorder again.

Yeah. Ive come to a similar conclusion. If you buy one soonish I'd be curious as to what you think. I watch a bit of stuff on Netflix/Amazon which I belive has some 4k content, but not broadcast TV. Tbh my ancient plasma is still alright so it feels a bit decadent.
I have a plasma which is getting on 10 years old at least, do i need to upgrade for a ps5?. Not sure i can justify it. Will wait until it has some more games before getting one.

I have a plasma which is getting on 10 years old at least, do i need to upgrade for a ps5?. Not sure i can justify it. Will wait until it has some more games before getting one.

The biggest difference I noticed when upgrading from plasma to LCD was that I hadn't realised how much the plasma colours had faded over the years. I had a good one as well. Panasonic, professional plasma monitor.

We stopped installing plasma screens easily 10 years ago, I'd bin it if I was you. (Responsibly of course).

That's intresting about the colour fade thing. I mostly watch stuff/play in a darker room which is where I know plasma is best, but when I've seen some of the fancy TVs in Currys I've been blown away. I know this is a very different environment though. Guess Ill be looking at a grand for a new setup with PS5, so it can wait till next year.

Part me thinks there's still a good few PS4 games to play, but I've only got an original rather then a Pro, so I might actually benefit from waiting to play them on PS5 with HDR.

That's intresting about the colour fade thing. I mostly watch stuff/play in a darker room which is where I know plasma is best, but when I've seen some of the fancy TVs in Currys I've been blown away. I know this is a very different environment though. Guess Ill be looking at a grand for a new setup with PS5, so it can wait till next year.

Part me thinks there's still a good few PS4 games to play, but I've only got an original rather then a Pro, so I might actually benefit from waiting to play them on PS5 with HDR.

There's a special mode (usually in the service menu but not always) that makes everything extra zappy in the TV shops. Also a lot of them use animation because it often looks better than regular video.

I bought a Sony Bravia LCD 3 years ago in the sales for £550 and it is great. Only thing I didn't catch is the frame judders as it pans when watching films which you don't get on better TV's. Hopefully the new ones are a step up from that.

Games look awesome on it. Way better than my previous LCD.

There's a special mode (usually in the service menu but not always) that makes everything extra zappy in the TV shops. Also a lot of them use animation because it often looks better than regular video.

I bought a Sony Bravia LCD 3 years ago in the sales for £550 and it is great. Only thing I didn't catch is the frame judders as it pans when watching films which you don't get on better TV's. Hopefully the new ones are a step up from that.

Games look awesome on it. Way better than my previous LCD.

Having said that, special mode or not, you're right, the high end stuff is mind meltingly good.

God yeah. The dream would be a high end OLED, but realistically I'll struggle to spend more then £600 and the prices on them aren't falling fast enough!

God yeah. The dream would be a high end OLED, but realistically I'll struggle to spend more then £600 and the prices on them aren't falling fast enough!

£600 is more than enough for a decent telly nowadays. I think my plasma was £2500 new! (I did not buy it, I "inherited it" when we upgraded the clients telly. :D )

My old plasma still does me. I'll probably upgrade when I get my living room done ( mid - end 2021?), mainly to get the biggest telly my room can get away with. Will likely wait until then to get a PS5 also. I'd rather wait until they're bundled with a game or two.

Just had a squizz on ebay, currently one is Buy it Now for £950. Loads of others on bidding coming up behind.

I'm not earning as much as i used to so am saving up for one and should get one earlyish next year (fingers crossed). Also hope it comes with a game or 2.

I managed to get a bundle from Game. It really was the luck of the draw today - just happened to refresh when they started the queue thing.

Its the foal’s Xmas present so I’m glad I won’t be giving him an empty box.

That's brilliant! Lucky foal.

Do you need to hide it somewhere for a couple of weeks in case he finds it? I know just the place! :D

people are buying photos of PS5 on ebay? really?

checks

Sigh

Yes, it appears they are listing photos of PS5. Its actually fraudulent behaviour as its clearly intended to defraud.

Nothing new. Remember people selling boxes of iPhones? Same just more 2d than before.

I don't see the point of getting a PS5 at the moment, its got issues, its got no software I can't already play on my PS4?
When there is a more compelling reason to own one, I'll own one. I suspect it might be this time next year.

checks

Sigh

Yes, it appears they are listing photos of PS5. Its actually fraudulent behaviour as its clearly intended to defraud.

Nothing new. Remember people selling boxes of iPhones? Same just more 2d than before.

I don't see the point of getting a PS5 at the moment, its got issues, its got no software I can't already play on my PS4?
When there is a more compelling reason to own one, I'll own one. I suspect it might be this time next year.

I'm quite tempted because of Cyberpunk. Plus there's a few games I never played on PS4 I want to and don't own a pro, like ghost of tsushima which would benefit. Will definitely be next year though

I have a PC so Cyberpunk is going be on my PC as its 1st person and 1st person is Mouse+Keyboard for me. I've a 6 core Ryzen 5 2600X and a Nvidia 2060. Not top of the tree but I think it will be decent enough.
3rd person is on my PC when possible with a controller.

PS4 for the exclusives. e.g. God of War is amazing.

We won't see it for ages. Why would Sony release this when they can flog all the PS5s they can at the moment. It was about 3 years for the PS4 Pro wasn't it?

No idea. I don't have to be in a rush. If it looked to be far superior (and I would notice the benefit), I could hold off. Depends on a lot of variables.

Back
Top Bottom