Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Playstation 5

my mates pre-ordered one on amazon and is trying to get one tomorrow from Argos which he says I can buy off him nearer the time , this is if I'm working by then...

To be honest though I wont be gutted if he cant get it...

I'm probably going to wait till the initial grab dies down after xmas.

I've still a few games to work through on my PS4 and Cyberpunk 2077 is out soon. Even though I have a 2060 RTX, I might get a 3070 to play it on.

Was wondering what they meant by digital version, being £100 cheaper. Deffo not worth it then.

I get a backdated payrise next month so might pre-order one and play AC Valhalla first

my mates pre-ordered one on amazon and is trying to get one tomorrow from Argos which he says I can buy off him nearer the time , this is if I'm working by then...

To be honest though I wont be gutted if he cant get it...
It's not out til November

I'm up for one, pretty easy to justify with the cancelled holidays and cancelled gigs this year. Maybe wait until a bit after launch, to see if there are any issues with it and for some games to reduce in price.

There are never enough at launch for products people want, the RTX 3080 is another case in point.
People are selling their preorders on ebay. People will, sorry are selling their PS5 preorders on ebay too, 700 quid or so.

If they make enough consoles, it will start to settle down after Xmas.

Last edited:
So many reviewers have singled out the controller as genuinely next gen.

Very interested in how the interaction and dynamic of games changes via the haptics and load speeds. The 'loading' screen is breaking immersion to some extent. I think at the start it will be more of the same. There will come a time when there is a shift in later games.

Sadly not. Although I have found myself looking at 55" 4k TVs with HDR in anticipation.

lol
I've been doing the same at Costco who have the massive TV's by the entrance.
I've come to the conclusion you need to spend 600 quid on one that is going to do it justice. Which is why I don't own one, I don't watch TV so no point unless I own the PlayStation.

Got a Sony Bravia which I think is 4K hd, so think it’ll do for a ps5. Gonna wait til the new year to get one though

lol
I've been doing the same at Costco who have the massive TV's by the entrance.
I've come to the conclusion you need to spend 600 quid on one that is going to do it justice. Which is why I don't own one, I don't watch TV so no point unless I own the PlayStation.

Yeah. Ive come to a similar conclusion. If you buy one soonish I'd be curious as to what you think. I watch a bit of stuff on Netflix/Amazon which I belive has some 4k content, but not broadcast TV. Tbh my ancient plasma is still alright so it feels a bit decadent.

in my experience the difference between 2K content and 4K content makes fuck all difference unless you're sitting up against the screen. The difference between OLED / QLED and the older style edge lit screens is staggering though.

in my experience the difference between 2K content and 4K content makes fuck all difference unless you're sitting up against the screen. The difference between OLED / QLED and the older style edge lit screens is staggering though.

You don't see many 2k TVs though. Although if I was getting back into PC gaming, it's what I'd probably buy.

I need to have a look at some QLEDs as think OLED is still a bit pricey for me.

Yeah, ive got no interest in gaming, but I was concerned about how well 2K content and below would scale up to 4K on a modern screen, turns out its perfect to my eyes and downloading 4K just isn't really worth the extra bandwidth in my case

Yeah. Ive come to a similar conclusion. If you buy one soonish I'd be curious as to what you think. I watch a bit of stuff on Netflix/Amazon which I belive has some 4k content, but not broadcast TV. Tbh my ancient plasma is still alright so it feels a bit decadent.

No 4k plasma's were ever made but they are still the best flat panel type image-wise, and a nice heater for winter gaming.

If anyone has seen Nvidia DLSS 2.0 at work, the concept of resolutions go out of the window. It can upscale to 4k and it looks amazing.

Last edited:
So has anyone got one today?
I was on the John Lewis site at 8, managed to add one to the basket then it just hung after that. Seems like the John Lewis site has been unable to cope and only a tiny number of people have succeeded in purchasing a ps5....

Royal Mail are due to deliver mine today. I've got tomorrow off to enjoy it. However mid afternoon I have to do the school run and at teatime I've got to pick up the other child from nursery. So I'm currently hoping it arrives before mid afternoon, but feel I may well spend tomorrow heading to the sorting office to collect it.

So has anyone got one today?
I was on the John Lewis site at 8, managed to add one to the basket then it just hung after that. Seems like the John Lewis site has been unable to cope and only a tiny number of people have succeeded in purchasing a ps5....
Same. App kept crashing but finally got a sold out message 20 minutes ago.

• Sad
Reactions: han
Tesco preorder website kept wobbling and then we got an ‘out of stock’ notice.

The boy is going to try Amazon at 12.

Royal Mail are due to deliver mine today. I've got tomorrow off to enjoy it. However mid afternoon I have to do the school run and at teatime I've got to pick up the other child from nursery. So I'm currently hoping it arrives before mid afternoon, but feel I may well spend tomorrow heading to the sorting office to collect it.

It's here! With 10 minutes to spare! <gives offerings to the Royal Mail deities>

Back
Top Bottom