Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Playstation 5

The two tone on that pad is kinda ugly! I won't be buying one at launch, in fact I may not even get PS5. I'm not brand loyal, may be xbox, hell may even go back to PC, although I have enjoyed the PS4

It does look horrible (did anyone else think it looked a bit like Eva from Wall-E?) but that doesn't matter - the games look amazing - sign me up - so I'm guessing it will be about £500? And it's coming out before Xmas?

Last edited:
Absolutely hideous.

Still I look forward to seeing it with my own eyes.
My PS4 sits out of sight under the TV, not sure if this will fit on that shelf or if it can be horizontal. Otherwise it'll just go behind the telly.

The other one I liked the look of was the demolition derby. Looks like the kind of game that you would spend with a mate playing 2 player till 3am and not even notice. :D
I liked the look of that game too also Deathloop looks good

I'll buy this just for the follow up to Horizon Zero Dawn which was unbelievably beautiful (enchanting) on the 4k pro set-up.

Hopefully the Miles Morales Spiderman touches on the movie.

Looks hideous though. Like an elephant stood on a decent thing and then they painted it badly.

I dont care what it looks like as a device, blimey, my pc is an ugly thing ( sorry pc please dont crash on me!! ) , but what it outputs in both cases is whats important (to me)

I quite like it tho , hopefully it will come in just one tone.

Last edited:
I'll buy this just for the follow up to Horizon Zero Dawn which was unbelievably beautiful (enchanting) on the 4k pro set-up.

Hopefully the Miles Morales Spiderman touches on the movie.

Looks hideous though. Like an elephant stood on a decent thing and then they painted it badly.

It does occur to me whatever I buy I'll probably want a nice new 4k TV. Plasma has done me proud, but don't think it will show it off properly.

It does occur to me whatever I buy I'll probably want a nice new 4k TV. Plasma has done me proud, but don't think it will show it off properly.
Then I strongly suggest looking online for any Sony 4k Triluminos tv in your price range. Because HDR as well. Under £500 just now and 4k will stop your heart on things like Blue Planet 2.

Games use 4k and HDR better than anything else. This PS5 fucker is designed to run 8k, because screens just keep getting bigger. So cheapish 4k hdr telly now, 8k in 3-5 years when the price stops being insane. Done,

Think my plasma telly is "just" HD ready. Had it 10+ years. Does me fine. I know this is a PS5 thread (so irony alert!) but encouraging the ditching of a telly which probably does do a decent job doesn't sit well with me...

This is why I hope the PS5 is about more than just sweeter visuals.

Talking of 4k tvs I upgraded a couple of weeks ago from a 43" 4K Hisense Roku TV ( £249 ) to a Samsung q60 55 inch qled ( £699 down from £1299 last year ) because not knowing how long I'm in a job and furlough in preparation for next gen.

The Hisense was a lovely telly for the price but I have to admit the difference in paying a bit more is astounding. I almost got the Hisense 55 inch ULED which is a bit cheaper , but I wasnt patient enough.

They are coming down in price almost daily at the moment so if you can try and upgrade as it really does make games , even this gen ,look fantastic.

and im sure the newer qled , uled and oled stuff that is over a grand will be mind blowing.

hope that helps a bit.

Think my plasma telly is "just" HD ready. Had it 10+ years. Does me fine. I know this is a PS5 thread (so irony alert!) but encouraging the ditching of a telly which probably does do a decent job doesn't sit well with me...

This is why I hope the PS5 is about more than just sweeter visuals.
HD has been perfectly fine for 7-8 years, you were ahead of the curve.

This 4k discussion is no more than recommending quality speakers to go with a quality new sound system, back in the day. To get the best from it, or at least if not stupid money best, the reasonable best.

Don't by any new console with an HD tv, you're wasting your money.

I recommended the Bravia trilumos as a minimum outlay re the quality given, always check reviews before buying any, absolutely any, 4k or better tv. Multiple reviews. You will only get the best out of current or next gen consoles with a decent tv, spend your money wisely....because at some point you may well decide you need a proper atmos level soundbar as well.

I'm not quite ready to buy (other thinga to get first) but it will have to be HDR and a decent set to notice and upgrade from the plasma. Its fairly old but still looks better then most cheap LED panels I see. That said I'll have to play Blue Planet 2 if only to justify to the OH.

How does the PS4 Pro/PS5 do 4k or even 8k? I thought that was still a struggle for PCs a fair bit more pricey and the parts inside them are similar to PCs these days.

How does the PS4 Pro/PS5 do 4k or even 8k? I thought that was still a struggle for PCs a fair bit more pricey and the parts inside them are similar to PCs these days.

its smoke and mirrors on the pro , still great though

TBH the thing I'm hoping makes the biggest leap next gen is VR. Was pretty impressed with PSVR (has some faults obviously) - but could potentially be amazing if they work on controls and resolution.

I was looking for this thread, though I was very tempted to resurrect the seven year old PS4 thread.

Its pretty much what I expected, the PS5 does have an amazing SSD, nothing you can buy for PC does that speed.

Don't get the disc-less one, you are totally beholden to Sony for the cost of games and its now 80 euro a game. Discs guarantee discount games in a year or two.

Back
Top Bottom