Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Playstation 5

Hey All - anyone finding the the 825GB of storage isn't enough? Any solutions?

Internal drives: Best PS5 SSD 2021: The Best Drives to Boost Your PS5 Storage Space - IGN

External drives: Best PS5 external hard drives 2021 - easily expand your storage

Depends on your budget really. They've become cheaper, the internal ones were stupid money a few months ago.

There will be an official Sony one on the way but with the world shortage of computer bits and bobs who knows when.

The problem with the PS5 is that most games are 18+
That wasn’t a thing when I was a kid. The simplistic games were for all. In fact the consoles and games were built for all ages back then.

The problem with the PS5 is that most games are 18+
That wasn’t a thing when I was a kid. The simplistic games were for all. In fact the consoles and games were built for all ages back then.

Yeah, this has become a thing since computer games have basically overtaken Hollywood as an entertainment medium.

Already bored of having to keep reinstalling games

Spitfire - I saw mention you have expanded your memory.
which memory expansion to go for?
Internal or external?
2TB external I see for £146
Internal is 275. and very silly £ with a heat sink

Does an internal need the heatsink?
Are there any real world advantages of internal over external (apart from avoiding the fear of opening the thing up)?
With external. presumably they can easily be hot swapped out for another if / when full

Googling it all, but the internet is confusing and fun of fan boys

Internal or external?

Are there any real world advantages of internal over external (apart from avoiding the fear of opening the thing up)?
With external. presumably they can easily be hot swapped out for another if / when full

One consideration is that apparently you can't install PS4 games onto an external drive of a PS5.

Internal or external?

Out and about at the mo. Will dig out some links later.

Internal or external?

This is a good overview, short video.

I went for the WD Black internal SSD as I had an unexpected windfall just before Xmas. I went for the heatsink version. I did see a geeky website that said you could get away without one if you left the internal SSD lid off but I'm not risking it.

I got it straight from WD, delivery was a couple of days. Installation is absolutely simple.

You can play PS4 games on an external according to this article.

It makes such a difference, I'm no hardcore gamer but even with my limited library of games it wasn't enough space.

My BiL mentioned an issue and he's a tech geek so I tend to take his word for it. I'll try and find out what he meant.

I had another quick google and found the Sony page that says it is fine.

• You can play PS4 games directly from USB extended storage, which lets you save space on your PlayStation®5 console storage for PS5 games.

Now I remember, it's the PS5 games you can't play from an external, you have to transfer them back from the drive, however this is still much, much quicker than re-installing them.

Maybe that's what he was saying?

Now I remember, it's the PS5 games you can't play from an external, you have to transfer them back from the drive, however this is still much, much quicker than re-installing them.

Maybe that's what he was saying?
The context was he was explaining why he bought internal extra storage rather than external so he was probably saying you could only play PS4 games externally which was why he bought internal and I've remembered it back to front.

The context was he was explaining why he bought internal extra storage rather than external so he was probably saying you could only play PS4 games externally which was why he bought internal and I've remembered it back to front.

It is all a bit confusing, I had to do some proper digging to find out what was what.

Managed to get a PS5 just before Christmas and I think it's fantastic. Switched back to Sony after being on Xbox a long time (skipped PS4 completely). The PS5 looks great, the fact that it's a complete beast is something I actually like now.

Over Christmas I platinumed the amazing Astro's Playroom that came with the machine...this was the perfect Christmas game, so charming and fun. I've also restarted FFXIV after 6 years away, and will be getting PUBG when it goes free to play next week.

The only downside is that I have no PSN friends. Anyone want to add me?

Last edited:
I have one friend on PSN!
Don’t see what it’s for. I just see what he’s playing. Not that I’m interested

Back
Top Bottom