Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pirate Party

What do people think of the Pirate Party?

https://www.pirateparty.org.uk/

The Pirate Party are so 2011! (my little joke - I was in Berlin in 2011 when they won a seat in the landtag. It was quite amusing seeing this roomful of mostly-male Apple-users getting interviewed).
They're interesting and sincere, but policy-wise a lot of people who aren't either anti-the security state or digital snooping won't "get" them

The Pirate Party are so 2011! (my little joke - I was in Berlin in 2011 when they won a seat in the landtag. It was quite amusing seeing this roomful of mostly-male Apple-users getting interviewed).
They're interesting and sincere, but policy-wise a lot of people who aren't either anti-the security state or digital snooping won't "get" them
German party riddled with nazis too. Not surprising given the original party was funded by a nazi.

Serious answer: there is nothing to distinguish digital libertarians from old-school libertarians. Unpleasant folk, who should be coerced by an oppressive state into walking the plank.

Erm,historical bollocks here "old school "Libertaires"" would be Anarchists from the nineteenth century not the U.S. fuck muppets who tried to take over the word in the late fifties and sixties.
As a president may have said in the past (and he did Shirley Williams heard it) "the trouble with the French is they have no word for entrepreneur".

Erm,historical bollocks here "old school "Libertaires"" would be Anarchists from the nineteenth century not the U.S. fuck muppets who tried to take over the word in the late fifties and sixties.
As a president may have said in the past (and he did Shirley Williams heard it) "the trouble with the French is they have no word for entrepreneur".
That's not a very polite way to put someone straight

Which sums up the problem with your whole approach you loon. Maurice could have been a potential recruit to class struggle anarchism, you've probably lost him for ever now
Loon,Maurice has been posting for a long time I'm not here to recruit anyone but in spite of being an inclusive anarchist he's a lost cause.:thumbs:

Raygun also claimed that the Russian language had no word for 'freedom'.

(the Russian for 'freedom' is 'svoboda')

Back
Top Bottom