Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pics from your State Sanctioned Exercise.

Passing through Svernake Forest, Marlbough and down to West Kennet is one of the loveliest drives in England :cool:
Absolutely, a gorgeous undulating landscape of sweeping downs of golden, green and rusty fields that starts after Reading heading west.
To come off the M4 at Hungerford heading for Avebury is to enter an ancient but living landscape which contains one of the most beautiful words in the English language.. tumuli.

It was misty morning when I set off today but it hadn't deterred the golfers

It was definitely too early for this pheasant who didn't even notice me standing by him to take the first photo

I "think" this was an ADO 16 (Austin/Morris/Wolseley/Riley/MG/VDP 1100/1300) at one point although there's not much left to go on.

The bluebells are coming to an end around here

It's a bit difficult to see but my route is through the cow parsley

Still misty

The path becomes a little clearer

Absolutely, a gorgeous undulating landscape of sweeping downs of golden, green and rusty fields that starts after Reading heading west.
To come off the M4 at Hungerford heading for Avebury is to enter an ancient but living landscape which contains one of the most beautiful words in the English language.. tumuli.
Yep , drove there again this morning on the way back, best part of the drive .

Really lovely up on the Roundshaw today.

1622485306178.png

Saw loads of Butterflies including this brilliant "Cats eyes" Peacock sunning himself on a path...

1622485379253.png

and this really nice pale green (female*) Brimstone also sunning on a path and then flew up into the branches above to 'become' a leaf:

1622485456450.png

1622485480631.png

* the males are the more characteristic yellow colour ...and may (?) explain why we call Butterflies...er...Butterflies :D

Feels like it's going to be a good Butterfly season up on the Downs.:thumbs:

Really lovely up on the Roundshaw today.

View attachment 271208

Saw loads of Butterflies including this brilliant "Cats eyes" Peacock sunning himself on a path...

View attachment 271210

and this really nice pale green (female*) Brimstone also sunning on a path and then flew up into the branches above to 'become' a leaf:

View attachment 271211

View attachment 271212

* the males are the more characteristic yellow colour ...and may (?) explain why we call Butterflies...er...Butterflies :D

Feels like it's going to be a good Butterfly season up on the Downs.:thumbs:
Butterfly comes from the Dutch word Boterschijte, which means butter shit, as butterfly shit is yellow.

Back
Top Bottom