Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Petition: ban disposable vapes

my (secondhand ) experience of proper vapes is they break down a lot, replacing coils and what not fucks up a lot....is there an idiots reliable, easy to maintain model anyone can recommend?

After years of using rebuildables and stuff I've switched to ones that take coils as I find them easier to use with less power. Currently using a Vaporesso Gen PT60. I get about a week out of a coil.

Wish I'd never started the dam things though.

Last edited:
After years of using rebuildables and stuff I've switched to ones that take coils as I find them easier to use with less power. Currently using a Vaporesso Gen PT60. I get about a week out of a coil.

Wish I'd never started the dam things though.

I build my own coils and use an RTA. Zero waste.

Whilst I’m not a huge fan of disposables they are increasingly the gateway for those wishing to stop smoking. The issue is the lack of control over their sale. My own view is that the sale of any vaping product should be via licensed shops only and that the industry needs to do more to ensure recycling of them (via a trade back scheme or similar).

But government bans? Nah.

I get that some people don’t like cloud chucking vapers on the streets, but seriously, banning disposables because of a few knobheads would be ludicrous. A ban won’t stop China making them and it seems to me that effective regulation and an industry funded recycling programme would be far more effective. Education is also needed: there are cheaper and better (and more environmentally sustainable) vaping options out there

I'm amazed at how popular disposables are given that they are so much more expensive than non-disposables.

imo, when vaping first appeared, all advertising should immediately have been banned. Promoting it as some glamorous option that good looking people do should never have been allowed. It's not good for you, it's just less bad for you than smoking.

I would much rather a proper recycling scheme and every shop that sells them has to properly sign up to it.
But the recycling in general in this country is shit so I don't see them doing it.

I haven't had a cigarette for a month now and have a refillable vape pen but I wouldn't have even got this far unless I could try the single use ones first.

But I do also understand how terrible they are for the environment and the lithium being mined just getting chucked away rather than reused is awful.

I really don't know what is for the best.

I haven't had a cigarette for a month now and have a refillable vape pen but I wouldn't have even got this far unless I could try the single use ones first

100%. In order to encourage people to stop smoking requires cessation devices that are simple to use. Once they are off the ciggies then they can explore other products.

Well done on packing in the cigs

Even changing them so the battery was reusable and a "head" with a coil and the juice would be am improvement. This coupled with recycling is probably more realistic than switching people to the sort of pens when you replace your own coin and is the sort of thing regulation could encourage.

I'm amazed at how popular disposables are given that they are so much more expensive than non-disposables.

imo, when vaping first appeared, all advertising should immediately have been banned. Promoting it as some glamorous option that good looking people do should never have been allowed. It's not good for you, it's just less bad for you than smoking.
That's pretty much the situation here, online sales also banned. I get mine sent me by a bloke with a shop I contact via WeChat. Also no fruit flavours etc allowed, just baccy, tea and menthol IIRC. Though you do see some still.

That's pretty much the situation here, online sales also banned. I get mine sent me by a bloke with a shop I contact via WeChat. Also no fruit flavours etc allowed, just baccy, tea and menthol IIRC. Though you do see some still.
Ironic that online sales are banned there. I buy mine online and all the parts are made in China.

my (secondhand ) experience of proper vapes is they break down a lot, replacing coils and what not fucks up a lot....is there an idiots reliable, easy to maintain model anyone can recommend?
I have 2 very old aspire nx40 with aspire nautilus bit for putting your juice in. It uses nautilus x coils. I vape at a low smoke watts as I hate looking like an overworked steam train chugging away.
The coils last me 4 to 6 months and I go through about 150 to 200mg of juice a month.

Thank you

I'm telling myself I haven't given up, as then I'll panic and really want a smoke, I'm "just vaping atm" :oops: :D

I was the same. If you find the cravings get really bad up your nicotine levels in your Eliquid. I started on 12mg when I packed up. I can also say once I got past two months it became loads easier

I have 2 very old aspire nx40 with aspire nautilus bit for putting your juice in. It uses nautilus x coils. I vape at a low smoke watts as I hate looking like an overworked steam train chugging away.
The coils last me 4 to 6 months and I go through about 150 to 200mg of juice a month.
I use an old Aspire Nautilus. It’s so old it’s a 5ml tank. That lasts me a day. Coils last 3 or 4 weeks. I vape high pg juice at 8w so no big steam clouds for me either. Very happy with my set up atm.

There ate still tonnes of state run fag companies aren't there? That'll be why.

Vapes were taking off there when I was in China in 2011 but they'd gone out of fashion and they were all raving about some extra filter (clay?) that you were supposed to smoke fags through by 2013.

There ate still tonnes of state run fag companies aren't there? That'll be why.

Vapes were taking off there when I was in China in 2011 but they'd gone out of fashion and they were all raving about some extra filter (clay?) that you were supposed to smoke fags through by 2013.
That's a good point but certainly the pre-ban messaging was all 'think about the children'. Which of course they would say. Also strength is limited to pretty low nicotine too.

Are kids allowed to buy/use vapes? There are a few shops and a couple of takeaways round my way that sell them to the school kids. Mind you, plenty of parents let their kids vape here too.

[/QUOTE]
Even changing them so the battery was reusable and a "head" with a coil and the juice would be am improvement. This coupled with recycling is probably more realistic than switching people to the sort of pens when you replace your own coin and is the sort of thing regulation could encourage.

Well done. You've just invested a "pod". Or in fact pretty much all commercial vapes, outside a pretty niche section of rebuildables.

Right, and in making that statement, we should be clear that pretty much anything is less bad for you than smoking. Working with asbestos is less bad for you than smoking. Being less bad for you than smoking is no endorsement at all.

Back
Top Bottom