Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Perfume addict

secretsquirrel

Respectable married lady
I love the stuff. I love finding new, unusual ones or layering ones to create different effects. Selecting the right perfume is as much a part of my morning ritual as a cup of coffee. I've now just discovered The Perfumed Court where you can buy decanted samples of 1000s of perfumes to try and I fear for my credit card!

My current Winter favourite is Lush 'Potion' layered with Donna Karan 'Black Cashmere' - warm, spicy incense. Damn I smell good! :D

You like Lush Potion do you? You just have the solid? I have 2 bottles of the liquid - I might be open to negotiation if you wanted one of them :cool:

Have you tried BPAL? http://www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com - lots of 'Lushies' shop there. Perfume oils, last forever, hundreds, if not thousands, of different ones to layer, or wear alone. Personal faves of mine are Samhain, White Light, Hamadryad, Alice, Antique Lace and Anthelion.

Vintage Paw said:
You like Lush Potion do you? You just have the solid? I have 2 bottles of the liquid - I might be open to negotiation if you wanted one of them :cool:

Have you tried BPAL? http://www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com - lots of 'Lushies' shop there. Perfume oils, last forever, hundreds, if not thousands, of different ones to layer, or wear alone. Personal faves of mine are Samhain, White Light, Hamadryad, Alice, Antique Lace and Anthelion.

BPAL are amazin - and snake oil is the one perfume that everyone comments on - it's a really deep spicy vanilla :)

secretsquirrel said:
I love the stuff. I love finding new, unusual ones or layering ones to create different effects. Selecting the right perfume is as much a part of my morning ritual as a cup of coffee. I've now just discovered The Perfumed Court where you can buy decanted samples of 1000s of perfumes to try and I fear for my credit card!

My current Winter favourite is Lush 'Potion' layered with Donna Karan 'Black Cashmere' - warm, spicy incense. Damn I smell good! :D

Oooohhh - the perfumed court has squillions of guerlain samples! My cc's going to be hammered too!

secretsquirrel said:

Ooooh I love you - you appear to have a site which delivers decanted samples outside the US :cool:

(I have only recently discovered perfume & I'm getting well into it...
basenotes is a fine site for reading up about perfumes you can't afford or find in the shops)

ooooo I am fan of perfumes also.

Cliche, I know, but I will automatically fall in love with a women wearing Chanel no5.

Cribynkle said:
BPAL are amazin - and snake oil is the one perfume that everyone comments on - it's a really deep spicy vanilla :)

I think Snake Oil works best for me as a base - it's a little heavy for my liking. I always end up putting too much on.

Today is a Samhain day (with a naughty dribble of Sugar Skull for Xmas indulgence) :cool:

I love gucci rush - tis my every day perfume. I love putting on perfume every day - makes me feel a bit special and spoiled in that moment - and i like that my scarves and jackets smell distinctive...

M'sO bought me Agent Provocateur's "Maitresse" a couple of months ago. It's my new going out perfume. More grown up than Rush, and very sexy.:cool:

Vintage Paw said:
Can you see me in a cocktail dress? hahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa! :D

VP - Do we have any kind of end of year ball? or similar? I need an occasion that requires a tuxedo.

Dillinger4 said:
VP - Do we have any kind of end of year ball? or similar? I need an occasion that requires a tuxedo.

Not sure. There's probably a graduation ball. I shan't be attending.

Vintage Paw said:
Not sure. There's probably a graduation ball. I shan't be attending.

Why not? I am only going as an excuse to wear a tuxedo and smoke a cigar. Then I am going for a party in the woods afterwards.

:cool:

I don't if I will really go. But there will be woods parties that you HAVE to come to. For sure. No excuses.

Bookmarked this page..:)

I currently wear Hugo Boss Deep Red as my 'nightime perfume' and I have 2 Jean Paul Gaultier the summer one and the classique one which I wear during the day.

My friend bought me the new Diesel one which is nice...quite a sweet smell.

Though what I really want is the perfume wardrobe from www.jomalone.co.uk though at nearly £600 I don't think that I will be unwrapping it on xmas day.........:D

Ms Ordinary said:
Ooooh I love you - you appear to have a site which delivers decanted samples outside the US :cool:

Yeah, I was well chuffed when I realised that - and only $10 shipping. I was tempted to start with the niche and classic sampler pack but ended up going for Comme des Garcons Luxe Patchouli, Agallocha Muthhela Femme, Montale Aoud Queen Roses and a gateway to Serge Lutens sampler pack. The last one includes Ambre Sultan which is apparantly the ultimate 'knicker scent'! :oops:

I'm like a bloody kid in a candy shop! So many perfumes I've never even heard of. I can't wait to try Schiaparelli's 'Shocking' and Patou 'Joy' just because they're classics that I've never had a chance to smell and which cost a bloody fortune to buy full bottles of.

Oh, and the site offers discounts if you order over a certain amount. On first glance I scoffed at ever ordering over $100 in one go. Oh was a fool I was...

Must. Stop. Browsing...

I have a John Paul Gaultier por homme and an oldish Issey Miyake one.

I want more smells! I am tempted to get a dead expensive fashion one.

secretsquirrel said:
The last one includes Ambre Sultan which is apparantly the ultimate 'knicker scent'! :oops:

I have a mini bottle of Ambre Sultan (from ebay) & its definitely a sexy scent - its a bit like a supersexed version of Prada Amber, in a very warm way...
I thought it was a touch overpowering when I first smelt it, & I was a bit disappointed - but now there are days (in the month :eek: :D ) when my usual perfume smells cloying & I have to wear Ambre Sultan...

(If you are in London, Liberty has a big range of Serge Lutens scents, so you can have a good old sniff there)

I've just put Chanel Cuir de Russie & Chanel Bois des Isles on my wishlist, along with Caron Tabac Blond :) - though I think I'm going to have to wait till after Xmas to get them delivered safely :( .

secretsquirrel said:
Yeah, I was well chuffed when I realised that - and only $10 shipping. I was tempted to start with the niche and classic sampler pack but ended up going for Comme des Garcons Luxe Patchouli, Agallocha Muthhela Femme, Montale Aoud Queen Roses and a gateway to Serge Lutens sampler pack. The last one includes Ambre Sultan which is apparantly the ultimate 'knicker scent'! :oops:

I'm like a bloody kid in a candy shop! So many perfumes I've never even heard of. I can't wait to try Schiaparelli's 'Shocking' and Patou 'Joy' just because they're classics that I've never had a chance to smell and which cost a bloody fortune to buy full bottles of.

Joy is beautiful! Rose and jasmin and just perfectly blended. I bought it for my mum once for her birthday - it's a fab for a special pressie, being so iconic and all :)

Ms Ordinary said:
I have a mini bottle of Ambre Sultan (from ebay) & its definitely a sexy scent - its a bit like a supersexed version of Prada Amber, in a very warm way...
I thought it was a touch overpowering when I first smelt it, & I was a bit disappointed - but now there are days (in the month :eek: :D ) when my usual perfume smells cloying & I have to wear Ambre Sultan...

(If you are in London, Liberty has a big range of Serge Lutens scents, so you can have a good old sniff there)

I've just put Chanel Cuir de Russie & Chanel Bois des Isles on my wishlist, along with Caron Tabac Blond :) - though I think I'm going to have to wait till after Xmas to get them delivered safely :( .

Bois des Isles is gorgeous!

Vintage Paw said:
I think Snake Oil works best for me as a base - it's a little heavy for my liking. I always end up putting too much on.

Today is a Samhain day (with a naughty dribble of Sugar Skull for Xmas indulgence) :cool:

Heady innit?! I wear it that much I think I'm immune and probably sufficate everyone in a five metre radius :)

Back
Top Bottom