Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

People who take the Metro with them when they get off the tube

You don't have to finish reading it. You get a look for the duration of your journey. Then you give it up. Sometimes I feel like the only person in the world with any understanding of life's basics.

It's not just a paper for the underground. What are you like? :facepalm:

Ever wondered why it's just you that understands everything and everyone else in the whole world is wrong?

I've a couple of times thought of doing a thread on how great local newspapers are: you can roll em up to light the fire, line compost bin with them, wipe minging surfaces before you start cleaning them, invaluable when you run out of toilet roll ...

yeh innit just.

The metro is a domestic godsend.

I'ved used it for a protective layer over the carpet when dubbing up my Doc martins before i go out stomping.

I've wrapped broken glass in it before it go's in the bin.

I also wiped dog cak of me Doc martins after a bad stomping session.

I sometimes take the Metro into work with me if there is something in it I haven't finished reading.

I use the DLR though, not the tube, so I guess I'm off the hook.

metrorecycle.jpg

I pick up abandoned Metros and take them with me to drop in our office recycling bin.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it! :p

I take it to read at work when I am having my breakfast. I usually take it from a pile of them on the pavement outside some student flats though as I don't get the bus very often.

Back
Top Bottom