Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

People who take the Metro with them when they get off the tube

I feel less angry now having talked about it here.

Peace friends. But be sure and LEAVE THE FUCKING METRO!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Don't deny the use of the Metro to people that are in need of toilet paper and can't afford Tesco value :(

Maybe haven't finished reading it yet. Or are taking it for their colleagues from the countryside who don't have access to it and want to see what life it like in the big city!

It also annoys me that the tube makes their cleaners go through the train picking up the ones left on seats while those boarding the train scrabble to get to them before they are whisked away.

There should be some arrangement between the tube and the papers where the papers pay for disposal with the money they save by having to print less because they are not getting binned so regularly.

Unfortunately tube trains are judged on their 'ambience' (cleanliness) and this is priority over available newspapers as they don't get a financial penalty if you happen to have nothing to read on your journey.

Are you just pissed off because they were all gone when you got to your station Upchuck?

Read a book, or buy a paper.

Are you just pissed off because they were all gone when you got to your station Upchuck?

Read a book, or buy a paper.

I don;t start work til late so there are never any there. What I despise is when someone next to me selfishly takes their Metro when they alight, especially if they got on the stations before me and only get off maybe 1-2 stations before me (I travel about 12 stops on the tube). They take their Metro and I want to shout 'you miserly stingy ignornat twit. It's a free newspaper. Leave it behind for others. Where's your sense of community? Weren't you taught how to share???' and general abuse like that.

The problem is it doesn't stipulate "free paper that must be read on the tube". They may be taking it to read on their lunch break (unlikely, I know, as it takes all of about three minutes to read the entire thing).

My colleague brings it in to work so that he can put it into the rest room where other members of staff - from the countryside obviously - can share in its joys :cool:

Unfortunately tube trains are judged on their 'ambience' (cleanliness) and this is priority over available newspapers as they don't get a financial penalty if you happen to have nothing to read on your journey.

It's a shame because you can get some filthy looks if you beat someone to the metro the cleaner hasn't gotten to yet. Can lead to quite an unpleasant ambience.

I used to sometimes take several free newspapers and use them in lessons. A teacher I know used to take 30 every day for her tutor group. And they weren't hidden in her bag either. :cool:

It's a shame because you can get some filthy looks if you beat someone to the metro the cleaner hasn't gotten to yet. Can lead to quite an unpleasant ambience.

It can can't it. I cut someone off to a seat this morning and that left an equally awkward atmosphere :D

You don't have to finish reading it. You get a look for the duration of your journey. Then you give it up. Sometimes I feel like the only person in the world with any understanding of life's basics.

Seems as the Metro wants to distribute as any copies as possible in order to get the highest circulation figure they can, so that they can charge the most they can for advertising - it's clearly NOT designed to be a shared read.

And furthermore you clearly have no fucking understanding of life's basics.

Jesus christ, take a book. Or can you not cope with anything more than "60 Seciond Interview"?

I sometimes take the metro from the stand outside the station on my cycle to work. I dont even use the tube, bus or train.

Theres a bloke in the firm who brings the metro in & people share it around the workshops.

I also use it to clean my windows sometimes, or dry out my wet shoes after a cycle in the rain. the metro is just a brilliant freebee to take & use.

I also use it to clean my windows sometimes, or dry out my wet shoes after a cycle in the rain. the metro is just a brilliant freebee to take & use.

I've a couple of times thought of doing a thread on how great local newspapers are: you can roll em up to light the fire, line compost bin with them, wipe minging surfaces before you start cleaning them, invaluable when you run out of toilet roll ...

..it's fucking litter. Living at the end of a tube line, I see how much of the shit is left on the Tube.

It's a free paper, not a shared paper.

God you're fucking thick and selfish. Thought you'd fucked off?

^^^

Back
Top Bottom