Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

People who shoot photos with their lens hood on backwards

Well you have no idea how many people are of the opinion that doing anything to a photo post-exposure is "cheating".
I've got plenty of idea about that as it goes. It's a not infrequent subject of discussion in a lot of places.

But even then I have zero idea wtf that has to do with anything, especially your rabid response to my pretty obvious piss-take post. :D

so, I don't own a camera, take pictures on my Samsung Galaxy S4 - which appears to lack a lens hood :mad::mad: but those degenerates who put this hood thingie on backwards , can they still take pictures? can they still take good pictures ?

so, I don't own a camera, take pictures on my Samsung Galaxy S4 - which appears to lack a lens hood :mad::mad: but those degenerates who put this hood thingie on backwards , can they still take pictures? can they still take good pictures ?
I am one of the hoodless too marty. Let us not hang our heads in shame, let us walk together. Hoodless. And proud!
Amateurs :rolleyes:

Dr_Herbz said:
There's nowt wrong with camera phones... I took this with a Nokia N95 about 6 or 7 years ago.

I have the original somewhere and the quality was excellent, even back then, and they're much better now.

And Ken Rockwell is a twat.

I kept my old Sony Ericsson for ages after people had smart phones because the camera was so good.
As did Biddlybee I think and for a lot longer than me.

I had never heard of a French Flag however I was once told by a professional photographer of the expression "French Lens". It seems that sometimes when making a film a would-be-star demands that they take a short test film of her (it was her in the story I heard). The director would shout to the cameraman "Use the French lens". This was code for "don't put any film in the camera.

Last edited:
You can't be this silly, can you?

Trying hard to make sense of your f2.2 comment. With a real camera, you can shoot either aperture or shutter priority. Also, with the larger sensor of a real camera, you can shoot at a smaller aperture, and gain greater control over the image clarity and depth of field.

What do you use to take photos with the S4? Since I got mine I've found it hard to take anything that's not blurry with the native app. Is there one with a bit of image stabilisation?
No idea. It's purely snaps, and there's no doubt that the best photos it takes are the ones in massively bright light. I vaguely think it might be nice to see if there's a better camera app, but I'm very much in the novice amateur snapster league, so it's not that near the top of my priority list.

I got some nice ones of the step-granddaughter playing with the cat in the garden, shot through the kitchen window today. Those wouldn't have happened if I'd had to do the whole big camera fandango (even if it does turn out that my camera has enabled Bungle to pursue his penis extension fantasies just that bit further).

Ooh, now, there's a point. I wonder how Bungle's obsession with lens hoods might relate to his own self-perception in the trouser department? There could be all kinds of metaphors going on there... :D

If "virtually anyone" can do it, then home come "virtually everyone" isn't an award winning photographer then? Anyone can pick up a paint brush and smear paint across a canvass, that doesn't mean anyone can create a painting worthy of hanging in the National Gallery.

LOL! Your knowledge of this is obviously zilch and you have no idea what it takes to produce a great photograph. I'm quite sure this is one thing at least that Ed and the others will back me up on.
shark.gallery.jpg

Bungle bites again :)

Back
Top Bottom