Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Paul Ritter RIP

paul ritters performance is the only thing worth watching friday night dinner for.

Much like Patrick Stewart in Star Trek:TNG, I feel his talent helped carry FND through some of it's wobblier moments.

First thing I think I saw him in was a rightfully obscure movie called The Nine Lives of Tomasz Katz where he played the last in an inbred line of gods inhabiting the body of a blitheringly idiotic slack-jawed security guard who is tricked in to deconstructing the universe via his CCTV console (yes, it's that sort of a film). But it's the sort of ridiculousness he always managed to carry effortlessly.

Much like Patrick Stewart in Star Trek:TNG, I feel his talent helped carry FND through some of it's wobblier moments.

First thing I think I saw him in was a rightfully obscure movie called The Nine Lives of Tomasz Katz where he played the last in an inbred line of gods inhabiting the body of a blitheringly idiotic slack-jawed security guard who is tricked in to deconstructing the universe via his CCTV console (yes, it's that sort of a film). But it's the sort of ridiculousness he always managed to carry effortlessly.
that sounds great.

3 minutes into the first episode and he’s eating out of a bin. I’m in

I've just (re-)watched his devouring of the brie in his office (in the second series) because I'm also having some sneaky midnight cheese.

I just (not about the eating out of the bin thing, but otherwise) think it is either a bit like your own family is, or a bit like you'd want them to be.

This is true of so much successful comedy, especially the less surreal stuff, that it resonates with your own lived experiences. I always think of my mum as a hybrid of Barbara Royle and Lois from Malcolm in the Middle, and both her and my dad have a bit of Jackie and Martin respectively from FND.

Back
Top Bottom