Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Paralympic Photos

Minnie_the_Minx

someinenhhanding menbag and me ah bollox
Well I haven't got any yet, but there's a few people who have already been, so where's your pics?

I have some on my camera but not got cables here to transfer them to Urban. I don't think I have any action shots. A bit difficult with swimming. Hopefully might get some on Tuesday.

I have some on my camera but not got cables here to transfer them to Urban. I don't think I have any action shots. A bit difficult with swimming. Hopefully might get some on Tuesday.

They don't have to be action shots. They can be of the venues, of the Park, of anything

Nothing I hate more than an empty photo thread. Here's some from ours, just to get folks warmed up.:)

4427611989_12b977ee52_b.jpg

4444346761_92688cfa79_b.jpg

4446253921_60f4e468fe_b.jpg

4426687740_99798ee3c5_b.jpg

4427667795_0a4b009f92_b.jpg

What's that great big long pole by the guy with the wheelchair in the 2nd to last picture?

and what's the last picture? Is that the entrance? :confused:

What's that great big long pole by the guy with the wheelchair in the 2nd to last picture?

and what's the last picture? Is that the entrance? :confused:

The long pole is a sound boom attached to the wheelchair. The person is part of a film crew.

No, the main entrance was up the hill a bit: the volunteers opened the fence to let these people through.

The long pole is a sound boom attached to the wheelchair. The person is part of a film crew.

No, the main entrance was up the hill a bit: the volunteers opened the fence to let these people through.

Oh right. I was thinking the entrance didn't look too inviting :D

I wasn't that bothered about going up the Orbit but after seeing your good pictures, I wish I had now. :(

That BBC studio in blue in that last pic was a bit odd, being made out of container shipping boxes.

That BBC studio in blue in that last pic was a bit odd, being made out of container shipping boxes.

Yeah, I heard about that.

That last picture was taken from the lower viewing platform of the Orbit. Was able to see the Shard, PO Tower etc. Took loads of pics but not very interesting and it was very hazy. Views below weren't too exciting either. Don't really think it's worth £15 myself, but as we paid £15 for both of us... :D

Yeah, I heard about that.

That last picture was taken from the lower viewing platform of the Orbit. Was able to see the Shard, PO Tower etc. Took loads of pics but not very interesting and it was very hazy. Views below weren't too exciting either. Don't really think it's worth £15 myself, but as we paid £15 for both of us... :D
Doesn't look that hazy from your pics.

Did you get any of those views over Canary Wharf at night? It was a pretty good view from the park but I doubt my photos at night are up to much.

Did you get any of those views over Canary Wharf at night? It was a pretty good view from the park but I doubt my photos at night are up to much.

No, only whilst I was moving. It had got too cold to stand around taking photos by the time we were leaving and friend was racing ahead with mobility scooter so only got a shaky picture :( Might try again tomorrow night

Very wobbly pic :oops:

DSC05715.JPG

Stadium

DSC05075.JPG

Our seats on the landing. Excellent, no big heads in front of us, and nobody behind us kicking our seats. No stairs to climb up or down. 20 metres to the loo. Even had our own personal tv, (OK, so we shared it with maybe 8 other people) :DDSC05592.JPG

View from our seats straight ahead (note our VIP tv). We were protected from the commoners in front of us by bulletproof glass ;)

DSC04880.JPG

View of the track. Got to see lots of 100m arses

DSC04885.JPG

Peacock and Oliveira

DSC04958.JPG

Peacock telling official "look mate, there's no point me running this heat, I'm going to win tomorrow"

DSC04949.JPG

This is a similar type of area to where we were seated but opposite. We're under that canopy thingy, separated by the crowds on the top of the landing (wheelchair seating). The glass panel here is pink/purply. We had nasty yellow glass panels :D

DSC04948.JPG

We were just along from the RAF doing the flag raising

DSC04894.JPG

We didn't actually get to see any flags on top of poles due to being sort of underneath those canopy thingies

This was looking the other way before the stadium had filled up

DSC04884.JPG

Photographers' seating which I'd imagine was a bit busier during the Olympics

DSC04889.JPG

MC

DSC04927.JPG

Back
Top Bottom