Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Paloma Faith - Stone Cold Sober

Sweet FA

✪ Three rounds Lord, in my .44 ✪
Just heard on R1.

I quite like it; the chorus is catchy as fuck, but I suspect I'll be bored to death of it quite soon.

I think she's terrible. More Topshop radio blue-eyed soul of the Winehouse ilk. The Noisettes seem to have gone down that route too now.

It's a shame cos I read all the PR puff about her being heavily influenced by old jazz and blues singers like Billie Holliday and Bessie Smith and stuff, and read some interesting wittering about spectacle and theatre and "time-based art" on her myspace page. Sounded promising.

And then you actually hear the music...

nah - i like her. She's full of sass, maybe stage-school sass, but i love a girl with balls.

As it were.

It's a shame cos I read all the PR puff about her being heavily influenced by old jazz and blues singers like Billie Holliday and Bessie Smith and stuff, and read some interesting wittering about spectacle and theatre and "time-based art" on her myspace page. Sounded promising.

And then you actually hear the music...

See above.

MOR song is MOR.

Started off like it might be something interesting, then went into something that sounds a bit like something Robbie Williams would sing 5 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom