Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Oppenheimer (Christopher Nolan film)

Good to see an adult film made in the US about a serious subject getting the Big Movie treatment

I wonder what the political message is?

I would have thought it would bomb
YSTc.gif

I wonder if it will achieve critical acclaim?

I wouldn’t want to put a damper on it , so will go to a decent cinema and not the local pit.

Anything to get a reaction.

Blimey just looked up BFI Imax ticket prices :eek:
Wow, it's getting to off-West End theatre prices... FFS.

I'd much rather spend £17.50 odd at an Everyman cinema, which whilst still expensive, it is far closer to a really comfortable, low density 'VIP seating' cinema experience than the seating the IMAX offers, and ten quid cheaper at that. Not as big a screen though, but I don't care that much about that.

Wow, it's getting to off-West End theatre prices... FFS.

I'd much rather spend £17.50 odd at an Everyman cinema, which whilst still expensive, it is far closer to a really comfortable, low density 'VIP seating' cinema experience than the seating the IMAX offers, and ten quid cheaper at that. Not as big a screen though, but I don't care that much about that.

Yeah Stratty Picturehouse is £8 + 70p booking fee per ticket on a Tuesday which is when we'd want to go, which is altogether more doable :D

Yeah Stratty Picturehouse is £8 + 70p booking fee per ticket on a Tuesday which is when we'd want to go, which is altogether more doable :D
In general terms, the Castle Cinema (Homerton) is £5 on a Monday, the Barbican is £6 on a Monday, the Rio (Dalston) is £5 on a Tuesday, the Genesis (Mile End) is £5 Monday to Thursday, £7.50 apart from that.

(Not sure if it's on in any of them just more cheap cinema showings.)

In general terms, the Castle Cinema (Homerton) is £5 on a Monday, the Barbican is £6 on a Monday, the Rio (Dalston) is £5 on a Tuesday, the Genesis (Mile End) is £5 Monday to Thursday, £7.50 apart from that.

(Not sure if it's on in any of them just more cheap cinema showings.)

Thanks for that info, very useful! Not sure once travel cost is added on that would work out cheaper than Stratford but I'll check those cinemas and see if they are showing it, work out routes.

Reactions: Sue
I wonder if it will mention the hispanic and indigenous farmers displaced by the Los Alamos facility.

Yeah, it did.

Excellent movie, and for once the sound was used effectively. It was interesting that they told it as a sort of story within a story within a story, which made Oppenheimer more unknowable. Bit more sex and nudity than I expected in a Nolan movie though.

Back
Top Bottom